Bright Health is seeking a Software Engineering Intern to join our Consumer Platform Group. As part of the team, you’ll deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges, gaining experience across the entire software development lifecycle (planning, coding, and testing industry-leading solutions that are set to revolutionize the healthcare market).
Our 12-week summer internship program — May 18, 2020 through August 7, 2020 — offers you the chance to discover what it’s like to work at a mission-driven growth company and leading healthcare organization. Our interns deliver innovative solutions to real business challenges and build enduring relationships with their manager and an assigned mentor.
PROJECTS MAY INCLUDE
- Contribute to the design, development and implement systems, full-stack applications and/or websites related to the healthcare insurance industry.
- Collaborate with the consumer platform team as well as product managers, UX researchers, and designers to define and implement solutions for our digital properties.
- Contribute to all aspects of the product stack.
- Assist the team in development of integrations with outside/third-party systems as needed.
- Collaborate with teammates on technical design, work estimation, and implementation of new features.
- Assist the software engineering team with bug and task management.
- Junior or Senior year of Undergraduate Degree Program
- Major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Located in Austin, TX during Summer 2020
SUCCESSFUL INTERN ATTRIBUTES
- Interest in working with a group of collaborative and cross-functional software development engineers
- Exposure to version control systems (preferably Git)
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies (SCRUM) is a plus.
- Motivated by Bright Health's mission of making healthcare right, together.
- Energetic, self–driven, passionate, flexible and ambitious
Though a background and solid understanding of basic software is a must, we encourage software engineering focused students of all levels to apply.
Our internship program will last 12 weeks from May 18th, 2020 through August 7th, 2020. This is a paid internship designed to be 40 hours per week, onsite in our Austin office.
At Bright Health, we brought together the brightest minds from the health care industry and consumer technology and together we created Bright Health: a new, brighter approach to healthcare, built for individuals. Our plans are easy to manage, personalized and more affordable, giving people the quality care they deserve. Through our exclusive care partnerships with leading health systems in local communities we are reshaping how people and physicians achieve better health together.
We’re Making Healthcare Right. Together.
We've won some fun awards like: Great Places to Work, Modern Healthcare, Forbes, etc. But more than anything, we're a group of people who are really dedicated to our mission in healthcare. Come join our growing team!
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of Bright Health, our consumers, and the communities we serve. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.