Software Engineering Intern
You're looking for a team where you can drive decisions, be challenged and build a powerful and novel product. You want to collaborate with smart, creative, and energetic people. You’re comfortable with being uncomfortable. You look for projects where you can learn new technologies and techniques. You’re comfortable designing, developing, testing, and launching software. You’re creative. And if this sounds like you, you sound like someone we want on our team.
New Knowledge is on a mission to defend public discourse. We build products that repair online communities, identify manipulation, and help them communicate more authentically. In a world where social media is being manipulated on a massive scale, this is no small task. We care about protecting communities, brands, and companies from being targeted by the spreading of disinformation. The kind of people who work with us have to be passionate about that challenge and mission.
While we take our mission very seriously, we are also a team of fun-loving, laid-back, self described geeks who love tacos and topo chico.
- Junior at a top-tier institution
- Proficient developing in either Node.js or Python
- Experience with cloud-based distributed systems
- Experience in an Agile project delivery life-cycle
- Experience with any of the following are a plus: Docker, Kafka, React, Machine learning libraries
- Skills and personality to operate effectively in a very fast-paced, complex business
- Comfortable independently learning things you haven’t done before
- Enjoys working as part of a team or on your own