US - Internship - Data Science / Data Engineering at Cognite
Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, Cognite is a young, talented, fast-growing software company with the ambition to build the world's best industrial brain. A brain to empower the digital industrial revolution on a global scale and make the industry safer and more sustainable. Now we’re looking for ambitious data evangelists to help our customers around the globe to build innovative solutions on top of our platform, Cognite Data Fusion (CDF). CDF ingests, processes, and contextualizes huge amounts of industrial data to make it available for analysis, machine learning, and day-to-day decision-making.
Our bright, capable team includes some of the best software programmers, data scientists, designers, game developers, 3D developers, and commercial professionals in the business. Our international team is setting the standard for industrial software by accelerating innovation in data contextualization, advanced visualizations, and machine learning.
About the team: Cognite North America
The North American team is strategically located in Austin and Houston, TX. Our mission is to serve Cognite's growing customer base in the Americas. The North American team is particularly attractive to candidates who thrive in a start-up environment, as we are small and rapidly growing! That means Texas is the wild west, the land of opportunity for you!
About the Cognite Internship Program
Cognite is looking for its next crop of high-impact interns. At Cognite, interns are on the front lines of our mission to liberate customers’ silo’d industrial data. We are looking for candidates that are eager to engage challenges within data engineering, data science, and/or front-end development. We expect that interns fill key roles on our dynamic customer projects and work closely with the Cognite Team and our enthusiastic customers to rapidly build and scale their digital transformations. The internship program is intended to expose candidates to the implementation lifecycle of our core product, Cognite Data Fusion, and dependant on your background and interests may include:
- Perform data cleansing and exploratory data analysis
- Prototype and deploy machine learning models
- Build dashboards in Grafana or Power BI
- Establish good relationships with key IT Data Managers and Business Data Managers, to drive long-term adoption of Cognite’s products and services
- Collaborate with our R&D and Product Management teams to turn customer needs into a prioritized product roadmap
- Develop state-of-the-art applications using the latest and greatest technology available
- Build reusable code and libraries
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
This internship is targeting students with experience in and interest for Data Science, Data Engineering or both. Depending on your interests and customer needs you will get to work with one area or both over the course of your internship.
- This role is for students within 12 months completing an undergrad/grad degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Data Science, Math, Petroleum/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering)
- We look for technical competency (github, coding interview, hackerank), drive (self-training / projects) and customer empathy (project experience).
- Ability and eagerness to travel during the internship program
- Teamwork is an important part of the role. You collaborate well, and bring out the best in your colleagues as they do in you.
- Grit and determination to "figure it out" when technology is disagreeable
- Passion for building things that are used by others
- You are excited to learn about the physical/industrial world from real experts (our customers).
- Role to be based in Houston or Austin, TX
A top tier team deserves to be treated as such! We offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to work with great people on projects that create real impact with our high profile customers
- Minimal bureaucracy and overhead, with focus on agility and speed
- The latest technology you need to be productive
- Flat structure with direct access to decision-makers, and a high level of autonomy
- A dedicated mentor who will help you reach your goals
- New, attractive offices
- Social outings
Cognite is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Embracing and driving diversity and inclusion means that all qualified applicants will receive the same level of consideration for employment, training, compensation, and promotion. We are following up on equal assessment in the recruitment process, and that is why we ask for gender when you apply. Answering the question is kindly requested, however, it is not mandatory and it will not affect in any way your application assessment.
Application deadline: Please apply as soon as possible.
Location: Austin/Houston, TX