Category Marketing Manager at ACCO Brands - Kensington
Are you looking for a workplace that is highly collaborative and transparent? Are you hoping to work with teams that are positive, dedicated and passionate about their work? If your answers are yes, then Kensington, which operates as the technology division of ACCO Brands (NYSE:ACCO), is a right place for you to work and grow your career!
We are looking for Category Marketing Manager -Data Protection to work in our Austin, TX office.
As a Category Marketing Manager, you are responsible for developing the global marketing strategy to drive market share growth and leadership in physical hardware security and data protection categories for the Kensington brand. You are going to develop strategy and tactics to market and drive market share growth in physical hardware security and data protection categories (includes physical and digital locks, biometrics, shredders, privacy filters) in supported countries around the globe.
- Understand regional market differences, by meeting and collaborating with local sales and marketing personnel to understand their unique situation and needs. Assist in communicating needs to the rest of the global organization.
- Evaluate the end user and partner experience by reviewing and optimizing security product content and collateral both is web-based and printed material.
- Partner with OEMs and other hardware manufacturers to develop physical security strategies for their hardware roadmaps.
- Develop best practices and measurements for Amazon A+ content and imagery.
- Create meaningful content demonstrating Kensington’s leadership in the category and providing informative tools for IT buyers to leverage in the buyer’s journey (blogs, articles, sales tools, filters, configurators and other end user specific tools).
- Build multi-layered campaigns by working with the digital marketing team and creative agencies, to support product launches and overall category awareness.
- Identify and develop relationships with media and key influencers; create opportunities for article placement, product reviews, and events.
- Monitor competition with regard to marketing and go to market tactics.
- Identify opportunities to demonstrate leadership and raise Kensington’s share of voice with end users and in the channel.
- Research market, technology, and workplace trends to inform messaging, campaign strategy and content.
- Conduct voice of customer surveys, meet with key strategic customers, and support global product management in developing strong roadmaps.
- Support sales organization at key end user or channel events as needed.
- BS/MS degree in marketing, a related field, or 5 years of experience in a similar role.
- Proven working experience in PC technology, physical hardware security, or PC accessories
- Experience partnering with manufacturers to develop cooperative strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience developing and nurturing relationships with media, analysts and key influencers in the tech industry
- Experience in primary and secondary research
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely to peers and management regarding strategy, execution and results
- Able to travel up to 40% (domestic and international)
Kensington is the inventor and worldwide leader in laptop security locks, the acknowledged leader of Trackball innovation and offers a broad range of premium-branded desktop productivity solutions
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Kensington operates as the technology division of ACCO Brands (NYSE: ACCO), one of the world’s largest designers, marketers and manufacturers of branded business, academic and consumer products, sold in more than 100 countries across the globe.