Content Marketing Intern
Spredfast is looking for an intern to assist with content marketing initiatives that directly impact the success of our fast-paced start up. The individual who fills this position should expect to learn content marketing from top to bottom, gaining valuable experience owning projects from ideation to execution. The main responsibility of this role involves developing content, including blog posts, tipsheets, video scripts, and/or whitepapers, so superior written skills are critical. If you are a natural-born writer with a strong voice, excellent communication skills, and a passion for the social media industry, we want to speak with you!
- Serve as a content creator – from long-form whitepapers to blog posts to video
- Identify thought leadership stories, trending topics, and generate content to support specific brand positioning and campaign efforts
- Proofread written materials for style, grammar, etc.
- Support the social media team with content creation and management
- Assist with drafting and/or editing branded content, such as presentations, white papers and website copy
- Assist with updating, maintaining, and adding new content (including 3 - 5 weekly blog posts) across the corporate website
- Contribute to ongoing social media market research and content projects, identifying and reporting on trends and relevant conversations in the marketplace
- Junior or senior marketing, journalism, or PR student desirable
- Excellent writing and grammar skills with a strong attention to detail (we intentionally left at least one AP Style error in this posting—let us know where you see it in your application)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both in a team and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks at once
- A sense of humor, positive attitude and passion for the social media industry
- Ability to add strategic input throughout the course of a project or to brainstorm your own projects (you aren’t just an order taker!)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- HTML & CSS knowledge are a plus, though not required
- Video editing experience is a plus, though not required
The Perks at Spredfast
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- A #freesponsibility work culture that values #awesomeness and #teamswork
- Swank offices in the heart of downtown Austin
- Fresh, healthy lunches catered four days a week
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
Spredfast is a social software company and platform, headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in New York City, London, Madison, Wisconsin, and Sydney, that seeks to connect every company in the world with the people that they care about the most. Spredfast’s “Smart Social” software enables companies to manage, integrate, and amplify social content across any digital touch point. With global reach, Spredfast customers have managed more than one billion social connections across 84 countries. Today, Spredfast helps more than fifty percent of Interbrand’s 2015 World’s Best Brands to create first-class social experiences.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Spredfast, Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Spredfast via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Spredfast. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Spredfast as a result of the referral or through other means.
Notice to Applicants:
We reserve the right to research relevant facts about you which are public on social media platforms or other sources over the Internet. We will retain such data only as long as reasonably needed.