Content Marketing Manager at Self Financial
Self Financial is a venture-backed, high-growth FinTech company with a mission to increase economic inclusion and financial resilience by empowering people to build credit and build savings.
We're looking for people who share our passion and are driven to tackle challenges, find solutions and make the financial space better for the communities we serve.
Our team is passionate about challenging the status quo of the credit industry by providing people accessible tools to take control of their credit. Executing our mission requires deep collaboration across our teams to ensure our products reach the people who can benefit from them the most, particularly the 100 million+ Americans who have no or low credit.
About the Role:
We are in search of a strategic and passionate marketer who is excited to manage the content marketing strategy and initiatives of a high-growth, consumer tech company. You’re a creative thinker but you use data to inform your decisions, always keeping sight of the real people on the other side of the content you’re producing. You thrive on finding new and innovative - but highly effective - ways to reach our customers and our business goals.
What you’ll do:
- Evolve & develop a data-driven content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives
- Lead the execution of both individual pieces of content and campaigns from ideation to distribution and optimization.
- Ensure all content is on-brand and optimized for all marketing channels, including search, social media, email, video, print, and in-person.
- Establish and manage relationships with freelance content creators and/or agencies and coordinate with partners, thought leaders, and other third parties to produce high-quality joint content programs.
- Gather and bring to life stories from customers, employees, and partners to inform and develop content that builds the brand and supports company objectives
- Implement new tools and processes for effective creation and measurement of content to create effective reporting
What you’ll have:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, or related field
- Minimum 5 years in content marketing with a proven record of how you’ve used content to advance consumer brands
- A solid understanding of content and social marketing industry trends, tactics, and user behavior
- Ability to work cross-functionally but independently
- Extensive editorial and social media content development experience and an understanding of basic digital design and user experience principles
- Experiencing implementing SEO techniques for content
- Bonus points if you have experience marketing financial products and/or you’re a great writer yourself
Benefits and Perks:
We have the compensation and benefits you expect. But, there's one thing that Self Financial can offer that many startups cannot: we can positively change the world while making a profit. We are a team of Builders, empowering our customers to build their dreams. We have a Do the Right Thing ethos in all that we do, and we hope you value that approach, too.
Our perks include:
- Stock options
- Quarterly performance-based bonuses
- Generous employer-paid health, vision, and dental insurance coverage
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational assistance
- Free gym membership
- Free at-home workout through Sworkit
- Casual dress code
- Team building events and activities
- Remote work arrangements/ flexible work schedule
- Monthly $100 COVID stipend
Self Financial requires all employees hired to successfully pass a background check.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.