Spredfast is seeking to hire highly motivated social media interns and/or part-time employees to join our growing services team and support weekend community moderation for a variety of Spredfast customers. From moderating user-generated content to identifying trends and opportunities to engage, our social media interns will work with a growing team to cultivate community and drive customer satisfaction. Consistent weekend hours will be required but additional hours during the week may be available.
Candidates will be looking to join a fast-paced startup team where change is constant and expectations are high. They will be master multitaskers, communicators, negotiators, and constantly strive for flawless execution. They will be eager for feedback, identifying new goals and ways to improve themselves. They will take ownership in their projects and communities while also working collaboratively as a team.
- Moderate Spredfast customer social communities
- Manage high levels of inbound conversations, following workflow guidelines
- Develop appropriate responses that adhere to customer brand voice requirements and answer inquiries with accuracy and efficiency
- Ability to empathize with your community and balance customer realities, coordinating with internal teams as needed to resolve sensitive issues and provide great brand experiences in short amounts of time
- Identify and track ongoing trends/bugs, surface escalations, and assist with reports and ad hoc data analysis
- Weekday evening coverage to include 4 hours of total support between the hours of 4 PM CT - 12 AM CT
- Weekend coverage to include 8 hours total of support between the hours of 8 AM CT - 12 AM CT
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with 1-3 years' experience in the social media space or equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
- Community moderation or customer service experience a huge plus, including support within a forum
- Strong familiarity with key social platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Enthusiasm for and willingness to grow in all facets of community management, including brand management and marketing, social care, content strategy, content creation, measurement, and project/account management
- Ability to rapidly assess, analyze, and resolve complicated issues independently, even with little initial information
- Demonstrates initiative and independence, is consistent and dependable; is also flexible and willing to go the extra mile to help a teammate, customer, or community member
- Works well within highly collaborative, multidisciplinary teams with many moving parts; highly developed sense of teamwork is a necessity
- Excellent project management and organization skills
- Excellent editing and proofreading skills; ability to think critically about content in context of brand messaging, goals, and voice
- Ability to manage multiple personalities and communication styles, empathize with team members, and successfully navigate interpersonal communication to create and maintain a positive team environment
- Ability to adapt quickly to new environments, new teams, and new customer communities
- Outstanding oral, written, and presentation skills required
- Bilingual a plus
The Perks at Spredfast
- An incredible work environment – fun, casual, fast-paced environment with endless ping pong
- A #freesponsibility work culture that values #awesomeness and #teamswork
- Swank offices in the heart of downtown Austin
- Fresh, healthy lunches catered four days a week
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
Spredfast is a social software company and platform, headquartered in Austin, Texas with offices in New York City, London, Hamburg, and Sydney, that seeks to connect every company in the world with the people that they care about the most. Spredfast’s “Smart Social” software enables companies to manage, integrate, and amplify social content across any digital touch point. With global reach, Spredfast customers have managed more than one billion social connections across 84 countries. Today, Spredfast helps more than fifty percent of Interbrand’s 2015 World’s Best Brands to create first-class social experiences.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Spredfast, Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Spredfast via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Spredfast. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Spredfast as a result of the referral or through other means.
Notice to Applicants:
We reserve the right to research relevant facts about you which are public on social media platforms or other sources over the Internet. We will retain such data only as long as reasonably needed.