Digital Operations, Paid Marketing at Cloudflare (Austin, TX or Remote)
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role:
The Digital Operations Manager will own and execute on projects that improve the operational excellence of Cloudflare’s paid marketing channels, with an emphasis on coordination between SEM / SEO / Web, and among regional marketing teams. You’ll apply your deep domain knowledge and experience in digital advertising and SEM to help our marketers scale digital campaign executions.
We’re looking for a professional who has prior hands-on experience in B2B digital marketing campaign execution, with near expert level in paid search, and working knowledge in paid social. You understand the pillars of SEO, synergies between SEM and SEO, and principles of A/B testing. You’ll be our in-house expert on Google Search Ads 360, and collaborate across the acquisition, expansion, growth, globalization and web teams to drive digital campaign efficacy and efficiency.
- Own the global rollout of SA 360 in collaboration with campaign managers and external agencies.
- Drive A/B testing to improve ROAS and cost per MQL through active monitoring and management of agency - bidding, budgeting pacing, keywords optimization, etc. Coordinate landing page optimization with the web experience team.
- Optimize campaign launch workflow, from standardizing campaign metadata, to implementing proper campaign tracking.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with culturally and geographically diverse marketers and cross-functional stakeholders with varied technical aptitude throughout the company.
- Proactively identify optimization opportunities across digital channels to help drive revenue growth and marketing ROI.
- Partner with peers and cross functional teams to ensure holistic approach to data tracking and seamless handoffs between systems.
- Provide planning and communications support to campaign managers and executives.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 5+ years of digital advertising and operations experience at fast growing technology companies or SEM agencies, preferably with both B2B SaaS and B2C eCommerce business models.
- Strong project management skills including campaign production sprint schedules, stakeholder coordination, and agency / vendor oversight. Demonstrated capacity to learn as well as ability to operate independently.
- Deep domain expertise and hands-on experience with your tool set: Excel pivot tables, Google Analytics, SEM platforms, Google Marketing Platform suite.
- Additional digital marketing experience: paid social, video, mobile, brand, etc.
- Analytics skill sets such as using SQL queries in a BigQuery environment, Salesforce reporting & analysis, Marketo forms and data tracking
- BA/BS degree
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
188.8.131.52: We released 184.108.40.206 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.