Director of Customer Marketing at LogicMonitor
LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS-based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We love going to work and think you should too. We are customer-obsessed, work as one team, and strive to be better every day. These are our core values. So it's no surprise that we work hard and genuinely have fun working with each other to achieve great things together.
This position can be remote, offering you the flexibility to work out of your home full-time. You'll have easy access to and support from your manager and frequent video meetings to keep you plugged into your team. We are looking for you to bring your expertise, drive, and passion as we expand our global presence and achieve record-breaking success.
LogicMonitor is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to creating an inclusive environment for all our employees, where different backgrounds and perspectives are valued and encouraged - regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. We encourage all people to come as they are.
We operate with integrity, esteem diversity and treat each other fairly and with respect. We strive to find our own versions of personal and professional harmony through community building and holistic growth. We hear time and time again that our awesome people are a huge part of why LMers chose LogicMonitor, love their teams, and choose to stay.
To learn more about life at LogicMonitor, check out our Careers Page.
What You'll Do:
The Director of Customer Marketing will be responsible for designing and leading key initiatives that focus on Customer Advocacy and communicating, retaining, and expanding LogicMonitor’s installed customer base. Such responsibilities include building out customer referral, reference, and full-funnel advocacy programs, as well as overseeing customer-related event logistics (e.g. user conferences, meetups, user groups, customer advisory boards, tradeshow ancillary events, etc).
The ideal Director of Customer Marketing should be customer-obsessed. This role is best suited for an individual with genuine empathy and understanding of the customer experience in a tech environment, as well as experience owning customer advocacy and driving customer marketing campaigns that influence customer retention and expansion. They should be able to prioritize their work while assisting multiple stakeholders on time-sensitive projects. The successful candidate will proactively find new ways to communicate and build relationships with our customers and expand the LogicMonitor footprint. This role holder should also be capable of managing, building and coaching a small team of customer marketing managers and specialists.
Here's a closer look at this key role:
- Lead and manage customer engagement and communication programs, such as a customer reference program, in-person/virtual events, workshops, rewards programs, and ongoing nurture campaigns
- Partner with product marketing, customer success, and sales reps to develop programs that drive adoption, engagement, and expansion where appropriate
- Lead, manage and coach a team of customer marketing managers and specialists
- Work across global regions and departments to develop a periodic customer newsletter with educational resources and product updates
- Manage customer relationships, presence, participation as well as appreciation at LogicMonitor’s annual User Conference and regional Customer Advisory Boards
- Create a entire gallery of new case studies and categorize it by industry vertical and use case
- Build a Global Customer Reference Program that creates a steady pipeline of customers to engage in marketing activities and support content creation efforts; including video and print case studies, analyst references, review sites etc.
- Build a customer reference database that can be easily queried for referenceable customers filtered by name, region, use case, industry vertical etc.
- Support the customer reference lifecycle, including recruitment of customers into marketing activities, maintenance of customer participation records in marketing activities, and capture of current customer usage agreements.
- Act as an internal and external evangelist for LogicMonitor's Global Customer Reference program, working across regions and departments to continually educate and inform stakeholders of the program benefits and process
- Improve customer goodwill and encourage them to offer publishable testimonials.
- Enable Product Marketing teams to build new content from rich customer case studies, testimonials, quotes etc.
- Collaborate with product marketing team on developing product and feature adoption strategies, tactics, and metrics
- Own advocacy program and peer review sites strategy
- Own Executive Customer Advisory Board strategy and tactics
- Partner with Account-based marketing manager on campaign design for target accounts
- Engage customers with non-transactional experiences like thought leadership, client newsletters, social engagement, and peer-to-peer sharing
- Develop blogs, case studies, testimonial videos, and more to build awareness and clearly articulate the value of LogicMonitor through the eyes of our customers.
- Educate existing customers about peer use cases and other relevant information to increase product adoption and usage.
- Drive marketing campaigns to create upsell/cross-sell opportunities within existing customer accounts.
- Recruit customer speakers to support press opportunities, webinars, local field events, and our annual conference, Rev.
- Supply customer quotes, value metrics, custom assets, and other details to support sales engagements, marketing campaigns, product launches, and other activities.
- Enable the field to tell compelling customer stories and support their sales opportunities.
- 6+ years of experience in a customer marketing role in B2B market; technology or software industry preferred
- Must have prior experience leading a customer advocacy program in the enterprise software space; strong preference for technical enterprise software spaces, like enterprise monitoring, observability or infrastructure monitoring.
- Must have held customer-facing roles in the past and have a very customer-first attitude always
- Experience developing content and marketing programs directed at existing customers that drove quantifiable results.
- World-class written and verbal communication skills, with a portfolio of examples that clearly describe customer value.
- Strong project management skills, with acute attention to detail.
- Experience working with an enterprise customer base and sales force.
- Ability to manage multiple short- and medium-term programs at once.
- Ability to engage and empathize with DevOps type personas as well as senior IT, and C-level executives.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple priorities and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management or event planning skills
- Track record of driving customer initiatives cross-functionally
- Good working knowledge of the latest digital marketing tools and channels, including Customer Relationship Management platforms and marketing automation platforms (experience with Crowdvocate and Salesforce.com is a plus)
- Must have managed a team directly in a current or prior role
Residents of California, click Here to view our California Applicant Privacy Notice.