Director, Growth & Development at Bright Health
Back to Career Site
Our Mission is to Make Healthcare Right. Together. Built upon the belief that by connecting and aligning the best local resources in healthcare delivery with the financing of care, we can deliver a superior consumer experience, lower costs, and optimized clinical outcomes.
What drives our mission? The company values we live and breathe every day. We keep it simple: Be Brave. Be Brilliant. Be Accountable. Be Inclusive. Be Collaborative.
If you share our passion for changing healthcare so all people can live healthy, brighter lives – apply to join our team.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The Growth and Development team is responsible for evaluating growth opportunities across Bright Health Group markets, developing strategic partnerships to drive that growth, supporting the successful launch and execution of those partnerships, and supporting key organizational initiatives throughout Bright Health Group. Internally, you’ll partner with NeueHealth and Bright HealthCare leadership, business unit executives, and market executives to develop our growth strategy. Externally, you’ll identify, cultivate, execute, and manage new partnerships with health systems, other care delivery organizations, and other organizations to drive that growth..
The Director, Growth and Development will lead a team that is responsible for all market growth and development activities in a large region of the United States (e.g., the West, the Northeast, etc.). These activities may include:
- Develop key elements of NeueHealth and Bright HealthCare long- and short-term market planning, competitive response, and strategy, including but not limited to new product lines, markets, and payment models.
- Work on complex projects supporting new network configurations, product lines, markets, and payment models, while working cross-functionally.
- Support new market diligence, as well as contract execution with Care Partners, Integrated Systems of Care, and physician led/managed/owned entities.
- Coordinate market entry strategy across Bright Health Group new markets in collaboration with market and line of business leaders.
- Collaborate with Network Strategy and Network Development in existing market optimization strategies and execution.
- Support market management of ongoing Care Partner relationships, including performance management, payment, and operations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This position may have supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree (MBA, MPH, MHA, MPP) preferred, but not required.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience working in a leadership capacity in the provider and/or payer segments of healthcare required.
- Experience in management consulting, provider strategy/business development, payer strategy/business development, and/or value based care preferred but not required
- Experience working with payers and/or health system managed care and familiarity with healthcare provider reimbursement structures / fee schedules preferred but not required
- Strategic thinking about provider and payer competitive landscape and positioning
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage several complex projects involving multiple stakeholders over long periods of time
- Proven business development and partnership cultivation experience in healthcare industry, including experience with contract negotiations
- High level of EQ and alignment to Bright Health values
- Mission driven and motivated to work in an organization that will transform the patient experience and the health plan landscape
We understand patient pain points, eliminating complexity while increasing transparency, for greater access and easier navigation.
We integrate and align individual incentives at all levels, from financing to optimization to delivery of care.