Director of Marketing Operations at Khoros (Austin, TX)
Khoros is looking for a Director of Marketing Operations to lead the marketing operations team, managing the performance and optimization of the marketing department's effectiveness with a consultative, data-driven approach informed by industry best practices. You will report to the CMO and focus on the strategic development, continuous improvement, and ongoing success of marketing programming and delivery. As the owner of the marketing team's tech stack, keeper of the marketing 'ledger' and truth-teller of the team's performance, you are the marketing team's central nervous system and feel accountable to Khoros' overall GTM success.
Captain overall data management and insights delivery:
- Improve a business's marketing team's performance with data-driven insights, proactively working with the demand gen team to understand and solve program and campaign issues.
- Develop and operate reporting dashboards to provide real-time insights into campaign performance, manage leads, track activity, ensure quality, and measure marketing and sales goals.
- Manage lead forecasting and partner with sales and marketing leadership to set targets across departments.
- Oversee, interrogate, and enhance our lead scoring model to route, prioritize and nurture leads
- Facilitate regular reporting and presentation content preparation.
Oversee the management and ongoing health of the marketing team's tech stack:
- Ensure the vibrancy and modernity of our web properties and their ability to deliver against pipe generation and awareness goals.
- Manage the integrations between martech and our CRM to build strategic marketing and sales programs and provide transparency into performance
- Identify, select, engage, and manage vendor relationships to improve our investment and team productivity.
- Manage technical aspects and optimization of the marketing tech stack, ensuring seamless data flow among our systems and platforms.
Championing and coaching to operational excellence:
- Shepherd the adoption, management, and ongoing review of operational processes in pursuit of efficiency
- Support the marketing team's planning, budget management, project management, platform/tools management, and interdepartmental communications processes.
- Scale a central resource solution for marketing staff (templates, tools, data, guides, et al.) and communicate updates.
- Experience: You must have had at least 8 years of working experience working in a managerial marketing position within a complex, fast-paced company, preferably working as a Senior Marketing Operations Manager.
- You will also have proven experience in project management and program improvement, having constructed plans that demonstrate critical marketing paths and task dependencies.
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required, delivering complex messages and concepts to the audience in a simple manner.
- You must also be: decisive and diplomatic; capable of managing multiple tasks and deadlines while keeping strategic goals top of mind; a balanced combination of humility, confidence, and composure that, when displayed under stress or uncertainty, will inspire the same in the rest of the team.
This role is budgeted in the $156 - $187K range for base salary. Salary will ultimately be based on a candidate's experience and external market factors.