Director of Marketing
Hi there! We’re Olark, a globally-distributed live chat company working to fundamentally change the way people communicate with businesses. We have a team of 37 incredible Olarkers and are looking to add a Director of Marketing to take our marketing strategy to the next level.
- Want to work with fast-learning teammates on a difficult demand problem?
- Enjoy challenging and growing your teammates?
- Feel excited about re-imagining demand strategy for a product already used by over 12K customers?
- Believe human conversation powers small businesses?
If so, we’d love to hear from you!
- You’re a proven marketing strategist and leader. You understand growth and demand, have an analytical mindset and enjoy solving problems by using data. You are comfortable driving short and long term growth in demand, brand recognition, and market share.
- You’ve worked in marketing management, have been a people manager (and loved it), and thrive on growing a team.
- You’re a collaborator and enjoy working cross-functionally.
- You have impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal.
Be prepared to help us understand your level of knowledge of:
- Inbound marketing
- Search engine optimization
- Email Nurture strategies and systems
- Earned and paid media
- Channel marketing - affiliates, partners, referral/review websites and app stores
We recognize that a variety of backgrounds could be suitable for this role. We encourage applicants from a diversity of industries and experiences to apply. As part of the application, you will be asked to write out answers to a set of questions that directly tie to the two major requirements of this role: solving demand challenges, and helping to grow and lead our team as a people manager.
This is an excellent position for someone who likes to dig in, tackle challenges, and grow a marketing team. In short, we are looking for a marketing expert who can teach us and lead us.
This role can be based anywhere in the United States or Canada. We take culture and values seriously at Olark — you can read about our team culture at olark.com/jobs, and our values at olark.com/values. Beyond what you see there, as a member of the marketing team you can expect:
- A great remote culture and team: Even though we’re separated by physical distance, our team makes the effort to connect and learn from and about one another. We genuinely like each other, and we interact constantly throughout the day.
- A life outside of work: Olarkers generally work 40 hour weeks. Work is a marathon, not a sprint. We are building a company for the long haul.
- Time to do focused work: We keep required meetings to a minimum — currently, we have two weekly marketing meetings, and one weekly company-wide sync. We strive for flexibility and efficiency in communication, so we all have the time we need to focus and think.
Please note that the hiring process will likely take ~8 weeks. As we are a tight-knit and highly collaborative team, there will be interviews with our marketing team, CEO, COO and members of our management team.
Olark is committed to diversity in its workforce. Olark is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status.