Vista Equity Partners is looking for a Marketing Director to advance the marketing strategies for our management company. This leadership role will partner across all investment strategies, investor relations and internal operational teams and engage external stakeholders and agency partners to successfully market Vista Equity Partners to our key constituents across the software, investor, intermediary and talent markets. Reporting into the Vice President and Head of Marketing, Business Development and Research, this is a critical role in our broader market strategy, partnering to boost the efficacy of marketing programs required for core investment work streams including deal sourcing and execution, fundraising, portfolio company operations and realization events. This role will require both individual contribution and people management across the marketing team.
This role is based in Austin, TX and is for an immediate start.
- Strategy and Execution - create, standardize, and evolve core practice areas and marketing channels to include: brand strategy, go to market strategy and campaigns, thought leadership, content and collateral creation, creative services, event marketing, web/digital strategy and marketing technology.
- People - Management and development of marketing team members and agency relationships; on point for internal executive business partnerships (investment teams, investor relations, business operations and administration).
- Process - Internal administration to include budget creation and oversight; legal, compliance and stakeholder review processes; final sign off for all internal and externally published materials; creation of marketing plan and prioritization of initiated and requested project; staffing approach across all personnel including external agency resources
- Track record as strategic marketing advisor with proven experience and demonstrated familiarity with the core set of marketing responsibilities outlined
- Understanding of marketing channels, integration strategies and market-leading capabilities to develop a relevant mix of programs to build awareness, engage and establish relevancy with core audiences
- Excellent writing and editing skills, with painstaking attention to details as well as the ability to effortlessly take complicated issues and ideas and organize them into meaningful messages
- Strong creative judgment and guidance, with an eye for design and visual aesthetics, and the ability to communicate and manage creative ideas and talent
- Natural storyteller and thoughtful constructor of narratives with the ability to orchestrate thought provoking and industry-leading executive presentations and supporting content across multiple mediums
- Proven people manager who excels at developing talent at all levels and understands how to optimize resources to ensure highest and best use for all employees and agencies to drive both results and professional development
- Appreciation for data-driven decision making, marketing analytics and operational processes as a driver of overall marketing efficacy – both in terms of actual results and scalable design points that lead to repeatable success
- Autonomous, self-starter with the ability to navigate ambiguity with thoughtful problem-solving; highly effective project and people manager with the ability to work effectively under deadline, manage multiple projects simultaneously and mobilize people and teams to successful outcomes
- Collaborative leadership skills with the executive presence to develop strong working relationships, effectively manage change and promote innovative ideas and opportunities to a diverse set of stakeholders across a matrixed organizational environment
- Strong preferences for years of experience in financial services and/or software and technology industry. At least 8-10+ years of people management and marketing, public relations, corporate communications, and/or brand strategy experience. Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communication, business administration or similar field with preference for an MBA
ABOUT VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
Vista Equity Partners is a leading private equity firm focused on investing in software and technology-enabled businesses. With more than $50 billion in cumulative capital commitments, Vista Equity Partners currently invests in software, data, and technology companies led by world-class management teams with a long-term perspective. We are a value-added investor, contributing professional expertise and multi-level support to help companies realize their full potential. Our investment approach is anchored by a sizable long-term capital base, experience in structuring technology-oriented transactions, and proven management techniques that yield both flexibility and opportunity.