Director of Partner Marketing at AppSumo
NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents located in NY, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocateWho Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we are committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Director of Partner Marketing come in.About This Role
This job is crafted for someone with a strong marketing background who can build and implement ideas to drive partner adoption for the entire ecosystem. This role will play a major part in making entrepreneurship more accessible.On the day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Leading the partner growth marketing team with responsibilities including performance marketing, channel diversification, testing and operations, and analytics
- Owning important metrics including inbound submissions, profit per partner, LTV/CAC
- Working side-by-side with the product team to build captivating landing pages and funnels to get new partners to sign onto our self-listing platform
- Collaborating with the creative team to develop compelling assets that drive conversions and develop innovative content to drive leads
- A/B testing at every turn to increase growth across our marketplace
- Leading our promotions to increase engagement and awareness for AppSumo
This is a unique role that requires a drive for innovation in the digital marketing space.Required Skills
- 5+ years of working for a SaaS, e-commerce, or tech company in a digital marketing or promotions role
- Proven success leading high-performance marketing teams in a hyper-growth environment, while crafting a plan for scale across the marketing organization
- Analytical approach and ability to articulate the quantitative and qualitative impact of our efforts
- Expertise in strategy development, with the ability to adapt priorities quickly in response to in-market changes
- Knowledgeable in Excel/Google Sheets
- Expertise in the marketing funnel and customer acquisition process
- A sixth sense for knowing what people want to see
In the first three months of this role, success means growing our top-of-funnel marketing through high-quality lead generation that helps AppSumo reach its next big goalPreferences
- SQL experience
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. We have moved to a hybrid workplace where you can choose your best working environment.
When at the office, you will be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech necessary to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We're animal lovers here.
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses-paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton—just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that you'll get it done when you have something to do. If you want to run an errand, hit the gym, or meet a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as needed, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to crafting a diverse, encouraging, and collaborative working environment—every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this!
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.