ABOUT THIS POSITION
Aceable Inc. is looking for an Email Marketing Manager with a strong technical background who will own the day-to-day operations of our email, SMS, and referral programs in support of Aceable’s ambitious growth objectives. This role will manage our existing email team, ensure that we have all the proper technical components in place, help scale our existing programs, and create and launch promotional email campaigns across multiple brands that adhere to industry best practices. You will be a key contributor in our efforts to increase customer lifetime value, enhance the customer experience, and cement brand loyalty. If you love creating content, testing new marketing opportunities, and want to help our customers attain their educational goals, this is the position for you!
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in the U.S. To date, Aceable touts more than 20 million students and counting. The team is proud of the hundred thousand plus students we're adding to the Aceable family per month. We're only getting started and we need your help to get us to our vision of millions of students per month.
Winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017 and awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. Aceable fosters a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE MARKETING TEAM
The Aceable Marketing Team is a talented group of digital and performance marketers with expertise in search, revenue optimization, marketing analytics, and product marketing. We are data driven, collaborative, and love being a major contributor to the growth of Aceable. We live by our Aceable core values, and are a positive, humble, and supportive team.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support and coach our existing, talented email team
- Help define the overall Nurture strategy and be responsible for delivering performance against channel-level goals.
- Understand our email audience, maintain and create lists, and contribute to marketing strategies to grow our customer base
- Develop multi-touch nurture programs across various stages of the customer lifecycle
- Understand and oversee the day-to-day management of email campaigns including but not limited to writing and editing copy, testing templates, structuring A/B experiments, scheduling deliveries, and reporting on results
- Build and update email templates using design best practices
- Test and QA email campaigns to ensure quality and deliverability
- Monitor email deliverability and minimize unsubscribe and complaint rates
- Ideate experiments to improve channel engagement and conversion rate
- Work cross-functionally with stakeholders to identify opportunities to support department/company objectives through email campaigns
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 4+ years email marketing experience developing, optimizing, and analyzing email campaigns
- 2+ years experience managing teams
- Passion for the technical component of an email program
- Strong desire to automate and scale while also personalizing the nurture program
- Proven success in developing robust analytical reporting to track the progress of email campaigns throughout the funnel
- Experience with data feeds using JSON, RSS or XML
- Knowledge and successful experience with deliverability and IPs from set-up, warm-up, and monitoring
- Excellent understanding of email marketing concepts such as sender score, deliverability, and sender reputation
- Exceptional copywriting skills and ability to write for different audiences
- Strong grasp of best design practices and ability to design with a WYSIWYG editor
- Experience working with email marketing platforms or tools
- Strong grasp of email KPIs as well as email standards and regulations
- Experience with Photoshop and Excel
- Experience with subscription models and successfully impacting retention rates
- Experience with Stripe
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2020
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Generous time off programs
- Flexible work schedule
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & activities (Holiday events, happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Free parking spot downtown in our garage 24/7 or a monthly transportation stipend
- Education stipend ($500/year/employee)
- NOTE: Our team is currently remote due to Covid-19 and we have some awesome virtual perks that come with it (trivia, karaoke, bingo, happy hours, lunch & learns, and more)
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.