Manager, Regional Strategy
We’re looking for a Regional Strategy Manager to set the holistic regional strategy and help implement it across both pre and post-sales to improve the merchant side of our business.
As a member on our Local Team, you will be responsible for executing our strategic advantage: winning, growing and maintaining the best merchants in each city. As a Manager, you will be responsible for improving the way we interact, retain and build relationships with our partners on the supply-side of the DoorDash marketplace.
What you’ll do:
- Strategize – Build out a specific strategy on how we will “win the merchant” in your region
- Go-to-market – Work closely with Product Management to own go-to-market strategy for new product launches and expansion in your region
- Experiment - Work closely with cross-functional partners to lead critical pilots in your region prior to scaling across the company
- Analyze – Partner with Analytics and Marketplace Ops to create models to evaluate and forecast sales for our partners and figure out how to build an integrated strategy against our sales resources
- Influence – Partner with Sales leadership ; Work with new merchants when they join our platform by attending sales meetings and preparing pitch decks
- Natural leader – You pride yourself on your ability to lead and motivate a team
- Self-starter – You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, evolving work environment
- Naturally curious – You always look for ways to innovate and improve and take the initiative to implement optimizations
- Entrepreneurial – You crave responsibility and want to shape the vision and direction of the company
- Relationship-builder – You can influence and motivate people at all levels across a variety of job functions
- Problem solver – You can independently translate high-level goals into actionable plans
- 4-6 years of experience in consulting / strategy / business development / operations / technology / banking / analytics or related experience; high-growth or early-stage startup experience is a plus
- Proven track record of leading initiatives, working cross-functionally to achieve goals, and succeeding in a team environment
- Excellent analytical thinker who can create data driven recommendations; SQL is a plus
- Expert communication and interpersonal skills
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses and dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, and living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local and national restaurants in more than 600 cities across the United States and Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about — one dash at a time.