Vista Equity Partners is looking for a Marketing Manager to advance the market strategies for the firm's management company. This experienced leader will partner across all Vista investment strategies and engage with internal and external stakeholders to successfully market Vista Equity Partners to our key constituents. This includes but is not limited to the broader software market as well as our own portfolio of companies, investors, and the talent market for Vista. Reporting into the Director of Marketing, the Marketing Manager will have a strong marketing generalist background, with expertise in select areas such as brand, content, creative, digital, and communication practice areas, as well as thought leadership, demand generation and go to marketing strategy execution. The ideal candidate will be a natural communicator and marketer with experience in financial services and/or the software industry and be a highly motivated, self-starter with a passion for achieving excellence in everything they do who appreciates a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
This role is based in Austin, Tx and is for an immediate start.
- Collaborate on strategy with internal stakeholders, the marketing team and agencies to offer subject matter expertise, execution and ongoing management of our brand and go to market strategies
- Understand the competitive landscape and develop ideas and solutions to establish market differentiation and preference for our brand and content strategies
- Create and work within a campaign-based framework for an integrated marketing and communication strategy focused on specific brand, communication or investment strategy objectives
- Craft messaging and positioning statements for everything from broad campaign initiatives, to select personas, to sales-focused collateral
- Lead paid, owned and earned market strategies from conception to completion, including crafting strategy design points, collaborating with internal stakeholders and leading agencies to successful outcomes
- Manage and evolve our brand research practice, which includes unique programs to measure perception across a variety of stakeholders and informs our firm's strategy
- Draft, finalize and edit copy required for standard corporate marketing capabilities as well as a variety of content needs that may include executive presentations, thought leadership, corporate marketing or demand generation objectives across a variety of channels
- Provide creative direction for brand interpretation to our design partners for use in print, event and digital marketing channels; leverage a standardized approach that still allows for unique interpretations and creativity liberty
- Partner with our events organization to deliver best-in-class event content and the optimal brand experience for investors, portfolio employees and other stakeholders; organize and manage third party event participation to include sponsorships, speaking engagement and other event types.
- Direct our growing digital practice and own a metrics-based approach to stakeholder engagement through digital channels and strategies; partner with our IT organization on the marketing technology stacks used in support of all marketing and communication capabilities
- Excellent writing and editing skills and a natural storyteller with the ability to contribute to executive presentations and thought leadership content
- Strong creative judgment and guidance, with an eye for design and visual aesthetics, and the ability to communicate and manage creative ideas and talent
- History of event management and oversight with a keen attention to detail, process and stakeholder management in preparation for and onsite participation at several types of events
- Experience with brand management including quantitative and qualitative brand research to create, develop and maintain strength of brands
- Understanding and application of innovative digital strategies and multichannel application to confidently direct a digital-first marketing approach
- Experience with evolving marketing technology stacks, managing third party technical experts and partnerships with Vista's IT organization
- Appreciation for data-driven decision making, marketing analytics and operational processes as a driver of overall marketing efficacy
- Proven project manager who builds collaborative working relationships and understands how to optimize resources to meet objectives
- Autonomous, self-starter with the ability to navigate ambiguity promote innovative ideas and opportunities to a diverse set of stakeholders across a matrixed organizational environment
- Strong preference for proven experience directly managing people as well as expertise in the financial services and/or software and technology industry
- Minimum 6-8+ years of marketing, brand, digital, and/or corporate communications experience
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing, communication, business administration or similar field with preference for advanced degrees and education
About Vista Equity Partners
Vista Equity Partners is a U.S.-based investment firm with offices in Austin, Chicago, New York City, Oakland, and San Francisco with more than $46 billion in cumulative capital commitments. Vista exclusively invests in software, data, and technology-enabled organizations led by world-class management teams. As a value-added investor with a long-term perspective, Vista contributes professional expertise and multi-level support towards companies to realize their full potential. Vista's investment approach is anchored by a sizable long-term capital base, experience in structuring technology-oriented transactions, and proven management techniques that yield flexibility and opportunity.