RetailMeNot is expanding the Media Planning Team! This is the newest team on the Retail and Brand Solutions Team and reports up through the SVP of Sales. In collaboration with Account Directors (ADs) and Account Managers (AMs), the person in this role leads the process of booking, implementing and executing RetailMeNot placements for advertisers according to the account team’s and client goals.
As a Media Planner, you support 3-5 Account Directors and collaborate with AMs while owning the coordination of channels, tactics and budget of media planning for the account portfolio. You will collaborate daily with many cross-functional teams such as Ad Operations, CRM and Finance as well as work on accounts across a variety of industries and verticals. In addition, you will work with your account team and directly with advertisers to develop media plans and strategies that achieve client goals.
A successful RetailMeNot Media Planner will build relationships cross-functionally, will live the RetailMeNot core values, and have a passion for client success!
Who You Are
- 1 year of sales planning &/or digital media experience preferred
- You have experience with Salesforce, Excel, &/or G-Suite
- You are able to master new systems, tools & workflows quickly
- You are proactive and a self-starter who takes initiative
- You are success-motivated with a keen eye for process improvement and efficiency
- You have project management characteristics, attention to detail and can prioritize rapidly
- You are comfortable juggling competing priorities while communicating consistently
- You have strong problem solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
What You'll Do
- Work with account teams to understand advertisers goals within a book of business you support so that you may build effective plans that deliver on specific key performance indicators.
- Liaise cross-functionally with Ad Operations, CRM and Finance teams regarding campaign development, setup and implementation to ensure successful launch.
- Understand the full suite of ad products (e.g. Native ads, Display ads, Email, Push, etc.) and capabilities across all platforms.
- Monitor and manage queue in Salesforce for dedicated portfolio of accounts.
- Forecast and book inventory, process and handle insertion orders, secure pricing approvals and support sales and operational goals and objectives.
- Act as the main point of contact for clients to ensure digital campaigns get live, including collection of assets and source promotional offer details prior to campaign launch.
- Own submitting promotional details for offer creation and creative assets via in-house systems, append to media plans.
- Ensure media plans include accurate pricing, run dates, approved ad products and available inventory adhere to RetailMeNot’s workflows and systems (e.g. Salesforce, Operative, DFP, etc.).
- With direction from Account Directors, communicate deadlines and account prioritization to cross-functional partners and ensure timely execution of plans.
- Use and integrate proprietary data points related to the RetailMeNot business into a well-developed media plan for our advertising partners.
- Foster relationships with ADs and AMs who will help guide account strategies.
- Collaborate closely with the Planning Manager and fellow Media Planners to develop standard methodologies, tactically deliver on client goals and improve operational sales processes.
Who We Are
- We value diverse perspectives and believe this translates into stronger products and a better workplace
- We have an open, casual, fun and upbeat environment where you are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We have lots of intelligent people to work with and learn from
- We have a great open vacation policy
- We'll provide you with food, food, and more food
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you love
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
*Some rewards do not apply to contract workers or interns.
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love
together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot
makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back
offers, and the RetailMeNot Genie browser extension. Savings are also provided in consumers’
mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the pharmacy with
RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a Vericast business. To learn more, visit http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or
follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
At RetailMeNot we celebrate difference. We are committed to ensuring an environment of mutual respect for every employee and proud to be an an equal employment opportunity employer who does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our success and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.