The Media Strategist will be an imperative asset to RetailMeNot Food & Dining selling team who continuously seeks out partnerships with some of the biggest restaurants in the country! You will work closely with our Account Directors, as well as cross-functional teams to craft custom collateral, media plans and reporting that on-board both new and recurring merchants to our suite of solutions. The role will keep in mind availability, frequency and tactics during discussions optimizing a customer's success with RMN throughout the selling cycle. This person's attention to detail and ability to evolve alongside client's asks will bring success to not only themselves, but every team they come in contact with.
Who You Are:
- You have 3-5 years of experience planning integrated content programs from strategy to media planning, program launch and optimization.
- A degree in communications, writing, marketing, advertising, PR, or a related field.
- Working understanding of digital marketing and online advertising fundamentals, including display, mobile and native advertising. And consolidating findings into effective externally facing pitch material and internal best practices
- Research skills to understand the client, marketplace, and digital and social environments
- Ability to identify and communicate brand tone, voice and messaging creatively.
- Outstanding communication, organizational and writing skills.
- Willingness to learn new skills, approaches, applications and media.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment spanning multiple disciplines (creative, PR, paid media, data analytics and ad ops).
- Comfortable presenting to leadership when opportunity presents itself
What You'll Do:
- Conceptualize/drive media allocations and performance optimizations
- Creatively and proactively recommends pitch material to the selling team
- Partner with cross functional groups at RMN for RFP pitch materials needed (i.e. execution approvals, performance optimizations etc.)
- Build strong relationships internally with cross functional groups to maximize efficiency and externally foster client relations
- Draft pitches (external decks), campaign plans (I.Os) and briefing materials (background rationale to AD)
- Create an environment for account teams to brainstorm and edit media opportunities
Who We Are:
- We value diverse perspectives and believe this translates into stronger products and a better workplace
- We have an open, casual, fun and upbeat environment where you are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact
- We have lots of intelligent people to work with and learn from
- We have a great open vacation policy
- We'll provide you with food, food and more food
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses and recognition for doing what you love
We offer an opportunity to be an integral part of a company that eagerly pursues disruption in its space to continue to drive innovation and lead the competition. Benefits of being an employee of RetailMeNot, Inc. include, but are not limited to the following:
- Competitive base & bonus packages; salary negotiable
- Long Term Incentive Plan
- Performance based rewards & recognition for your hard work and service
- Very competitive benefits packages, including best-in-class parental leave
- Open & flexible PTO
- Cell phone & gym membership reimbursements
- Fully stocked break room & onsite catered breakfasts & lunches multiple days/week
*Some rewards do not apply to contract workers or interns.
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back offers, discount gift cards, and the RetailMeNot Genie browser extension. Savings are also provided in consumers’ mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the pharmacy with RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a wholly owned subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings. http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or follow @RetailMeNot on social media.
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Information
At RetailMeNot we celebrate difference. We are committed to ensuring an environment of mutual respect for every employee and proud to be an an equal employment opportunity employer who does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe a diverse and inclusive workplace is central to our success and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse pool of candidates. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us align with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.