Paid Media Manager at REX
REX is a well-funded, game-changing real estate technology startup founded in Los Angeles. We have offices in Austin, TX, the Bay Area and Woodland Hills, CA. With the goal of improving the lives of homebuyers and sellers, REX created a digital platform and real estate service that eliminates traditional agent commissions, sells homes faster and shifts control away from agents over to those who matter most: consumers. Having proven the effectiveness of the REX model in 2016 and grown rapidly in 2017, REX expanded to 10 cities in 2018. And with a recently closed Series C, REX will expand to 14 new markets in 2019.
REX Homes is in the process of building a world-class media machine as we reshape how consumers buy and sell homes. You will take charge of our Paid Search strategy across our range of services in multiple geographies. You will be managing a critical area in our marketing effort and will be expected to drive results while supporting optimization and reporting. We will be tackling some of the most difficult verticals; Real Estate, Lending, and Insurance simultaneously so you need to be up for a challenge.
Please read this job description carefully.
Your main responsibilities will be to:
- Own our overall paid digital strategy
- Directly manage and optimize our PPC accounts.
- Directly manage our Paid Social accounts
- Directly manage our programmatic (The Trade Desk) account
- Develop proactive optimizations & tests to help increase conversion rates
- Recruit, hire and manage a top-tier team as we grow
- Design new campaigns strategies for each of our active regions as we expand
- Manage partner relationships and accounts on search platforms (Google Ads, Microsoft Advertising, and Facebook).
- Work directly with marketing developers to automate PPC efforts allowing us to scale and optimize better
- Produce regular reporting and present it to the team; surface findings to executives
- Work closely with Communications team on advertising strategy and integration of paid, social, and PR activities
- Work with the across the team to define the best approach and mix of digital campaigns and offline activities
- Optimize key conversion points in the marketing funnel, including landing pages, website calls-to-action, and lead-generating forms to drive qualified leads
- Work with the development teams on website optimization
- Consistently track, measure and report on the performance of campaigns, measuring conversions, and assess against stated goals (ROI and KPIs)
In order to succeed in this role, you must have:
- A detail-oriented mindset, ensuring that every change is thoroughly considered
- Solid knowledge of Google Analytics
- A moderate technical background, including the ability to understand and apply custom rules, templatized tracking, Google tag manager, etc.
- Ability to write clear, succinct ad copy that converts
- The ability to constantly find ways to automate and optimize workflows
- Feel comfortable working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment while performing well under constraints
- An ability to self-motivate and work independently
- The ability to attract talent
- Hold a BS/BA
- AdWords certification is a plus
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in high-dollar Paid Search (PPC)
- 1 - 2 years’ experience with programmatic (RTB) marketing
- 1-2 years experience in on-site conversion optimization
- Advanced MS Excel skills including functions like pivot tables and Vlookup.
- Understanding of SEO and UX principles is a plus
- Experience with landing page optimization platforms a plus
If this sounds like the kind of challenge that interests you, then lets chat! Please submit your resume and let us know your favorite sandwich when you do.
As a pioneer in our industry, REX is setting new standards in the marketplace – for quality, innovation, integrity, professionalism, drive, consumer happiness, and social good. Our culture, together with our business vision and goals, serve as an orientation for leadership and a guide for how we conduct ourselves in day-to-day business. They also form the foundation for hiring, encouraging and rewarding great people. In addition, REX has been committed to doing good things for real estate consumers and to providing homes for those in the greatest need, wherever they may be. For every 50 homes we sell, we provide a home for a family in need. We started by funding the construction of a home for a family in Cambodia at the end of 2015. In addition to funding homes, the REX team regularly provides hands-on support to local nonprofits that provide shelter to families.
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive salary with an equity stake in this fast growing tech company