Product Marketing Manager at Blackbaud
We’ve created an environment where people follow their passion.
There’s something about working at Blackbaud that feels different than other companies—there’s a sense of purpose and a belief that each of us can make a difference in the success of our clients; organizations whose work change lives. Blackbaud is the world’s foremost provider of technology solutions and services to the nonprofit market. Software, analytics, data, marketing automation, website design, financial management, payment & donation processing. Our broad portfolio contains all of the tools nonprofits need to be successful in fulfilling their missions.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, a proven leader and excellent presenter, an active listener, agile thinker, dreams in numbers, and thinks about the needs of customers first. If you eat, breathe, sleep product marketing and have a passion for collaboration, we’d like to hear from you.
Drive the “Go to Market” strategy and sales enablement for fundraising and marketing products
Create, monitor and maintain packaging and pricing decisions for Blackbaud's fundraising and marketing products.
Translate the common product positioning framework into actionable plans with measurable results, and quickly acquire a thorough understanding of nonprofit buyers and operational challenges. Size and define market segments, understand the competitive dynamics of targeting, positioning, pricing, packaging and differentiation. Leverage value proposition in developing content for: product differentiation presentations, competitor information, needs analysis, case studies, web content, and ROI benefits.
Empower internal stakeholders; influence external nonprofit decision makers, partners, and thought leaders
Effectively engage Marketing, Sales, Product Management, Partners, and Customer Success; liaise across various organizational levels to ensure the overall success of Everyday Hero in the market. Ensure that the organization is effectively equipped and collaboratively educated on our strategy to enable full achievement of revenue goals. Leverage your reputation as a ‘market expert’ to partner with senior leadership and guide the short and long-term agenda for your products
- Strategize and implement the next generation of offers for Blackbaud’s fundraising and marketing products
- Coordinate launch activities of new features, driving internal enablement and customer adoption and clearly articulate roadmap
- Collaborate on a marketing plan for products, including market sizing, segmentation, key plays and strategies for increasing market share and retaining/expanding existing customers.
- Understand the competitive dynamics of targeting, positioning, pricing, packaging and differentiation for assigned portfolio
- Drive value and overall bundling of fundraising and marketing capabilities within existing and new offers
- Create Product Marketing content for products you manage and incorporate content into the overall solution portfolio
- Train sales and sales engineers on product features and offers to help drive overall portfolio growth
Experience and Skills:
- 2-5 years of software Product Marketing experience
- Experience and a track record of driving adoption, growth, retention and results
- BS/BA required; MBA advantageous
- Exceptional ability to write and create product content; able to write quickly and concisely for non-technical audiences
- Proven influencing skills with senior leadership, working cross-functionally and with clients/prospects
- Self-starter, creative thinker, excellent listener and communicator
- Proven record of thriving in fast-paced and matrixed environment
- Prior experience working with education services a plus
- An understanding of the nonprofit market and Blackbaud’s solutions a plus