Public Relations Manager at REX
REX is a well-funded, game-changing real estate technology startup with offices in Austin, Los Angeles, and the Bay Area. With the goal of improving the lives of homebuyers and sellers, REX created a digital platform and real estate service that eliminates traditional agent commissions and shifts control away from agents over to those who matter most: consumers! REX saves homesellers thousands of dollars in fees by going around the MLS to target home-buyers directly with sophisticated marketing that has never been used in real estate. Since its launch in Southern California, REX has expanded to 17 states and over 250 employees. Throughout the years, REX has represented homes cumulatively valued at over $1 billion and in the process, saved customers over $20 million in fees they otherwise would have paid traditional brokers.
About the Position
REX is seeking an innovative, hands-on Public Relations Manager based at its Austin headquarters to drive its media narrative as a fast-moving insurgent in an industry ripe for change. The successful candidate will be extremely bright, a self-starter, a fast-learner, unafraid of challenges and passionate about storytelling. It’s a great opportunity: American consumers are intrinsically interested in real estate and REX has a great story to tell.
- Craft and deliver a narrative via press releases, blog posts, interviews and other means promoting the innovative ways REX is changing the world of residential real estate
- Confidently convey how REX’s disruptive use of big data, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and advanced digital marketing is creating a smarter consumer alternative to an antiquated industry
- Cultivate and manage media relationships with writers, reporters, editors, and producers at local, regional, and national outlets, keeping them abreast of expansion by REX into new geographies and business lines
- Secure appropriate speaking engagements and conference appearances for REX executives
- Work closely with the REX marketing and data analytics teams to find the right route to deliver the right message to consumers.
- Scan diligently for opportunities to put REX into the national media conversation around residential real estate trends
Experience & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, English or related business field
- At least 3-5 years of communications experience within a company or agency environment, preferably in technology
- Demonstrated passion for media relations with a proven ability to secure and place branded coverage in local and national outlets
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize
- Strong interpersonal skills
- An ability to understand and explain complex business issues and to hold their own in debate with top level media like the WSJ and the Economist
As a pioneer in our industry, REX is setting new standards in the marketplace – for quality, innovation, integrity, professionalism, drive, consumer happiness, and social good. Our culture, together with our business vision and goals, serve as an orientation for leadership and a guide for how we conduct ourselves in day-to-day business. They also form the foundation for hiring, encouraging and rewarding great people. In addition, REX has been committed to doing good things for real estate consumers and to providing homes for those in the greatest need, wherever they may be. For every 50 homes we sell, we provide a home for a family in need. We started by funding the construction of a home for a family in Cambodia at the end of 2015. In addition to funding homes, the REX team regularly provides hands-on support to local nonprofits that provide shelter to families.