Sales and Marketing Strategy Manager
Company: Newormics (www.newormics.com)
Close date: Open until filled
Newormics is an advanced drug screening technology provider company in Austin. The microfluidic-based technology was developed in the Ben-Yakar Lab at The University of Texas at Austin. When you join Newormics, you will be part of an innovative, enthusiast, smart, and driven team that shares a passion to provide unique solutions to current market needs and identify new technological challenges for which our products may provide solutions. With our existing sales of vivoChipTM technology to C. elegans researchers and other market-ready tools, we provide you with the starting resources and opportunities and expect you to make significant additional contributions to this growing client community.
As a Marketing Specialist, you will be responsible to develop and execute our marketing and public relation strategy and oversee any third-party providers that may be used in the strategy. You will collaborate closely with peers in R&D, sales, and operations to develop marketing and PR strategies and oversee the execution of strategies to shape and establish brand identity and attract new prospects. You will be required to drive sales efforts and achieve revenue results through a number of marketing channels such as social media, webinars, collateral (print and digital), and events (trade shows and conferences). The candidate in this role should be a strategic thinker, has experience in establishing and executing communications programs for new and established channels, and has the ability to develop and drive new innovative approaches to create brand awareness. This role will gradually take on more activities in overall business development and operations.
The company is looking for a long-term candidate with a view toward executive development.
- Drive increased product sales of Newormics’ existing products and of those still in development.
- Conceive, plan, execute, and evaluate innovative campaigns, content, email marketing, and the product blogs.
- Serve as a key expert on the e-commerce customers, building an understanding of their needs and the purchase decision process
- Monitor and document technology trends, ecosystem developments, and competitive moves that influence customer needs
- Use your understanding of the competition and ecosystem, coupled with an understanding of our product, to influence product and business development decisions.
- Contribute to business development, fundraising efforts, grant submission preparation, and other corporate level activities from time to time
- Manage and oversee the Newormics’ website, brand awareness portals, and social campaigns.
- Must be multi-tasker, organized, detail-oriented, and ready to learn new technologies.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple personalities.
- Possess a sense of urgency to execute plans and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Send quotations, invoices, and product information to customers.
- Follow up with shipping of our products and purchase orders.
- Maintain and build customers for Newormics’ products.
- Carry out market research for Newormics’ products.
- Proficient with accounting and financing software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Contribute to Newormics’ business plan and secure future funding.
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in marketing, business, or related field, with knowledge of the biomedical industry.
- Minimum 2 years of proven creative marketing experience.
- Experience with biomedical-based industry is strongly desired.
- Works in a compact office/laboratory environment.
- Must be comfortable working with various personalities.
- Regular 40hr work week with non-standard night and weekend work based on a project.
- Some travel may be required to attend conferences and customer visits.
- This is an associate level position with the goal of advancing to a senior executive role in the company.
- Advancement in the company may include equity in the company and/or performance bonuses upon periodic review.
- With appropriate experience, salary is $40kpa.
- May also include negotiable percentage on sales.
The position will be open until filled. If you are interested send a cover letter with your CV to [email protected] If you are selected, Newormics requires you to come for an onsite interview.