Who We Are
Ontic is the first protective intelligence software company to digitally transform how Fortune 500 and emerging enterprises proactively address physical threat management to protect employees, customers and assets. Ontic’s SaaS-based platform collects and connects threat indicators to provide a comprehensive view of potential threats while surfacing critical knowledge so companies can assess and action more to maintain business continuity and reduce financial impact. Ontic also provides strategic consulting, multidimensional services, education and thought leadership for safety and security professionals at major corporations via its Center for Protective Intelligence. For more information please visit ontic.ai
As Ontic employees, we put our mission first and value the trust bestowed upon us by our clients to help keep their people safe. We approach both our clients and each other with empathy while focusing on the execution of our strategy. And we have fun doing it.
Who You Are
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, the Senior Director of Product Marketing is a strategic, high-impact leadership role responsible for the development, direction and management of the Product Marketing function. Your objective is to drive awareness and growth of Ontic across our key segments. This is a leadership role for an experienced Product Marketer who understands B2B enterprise SaaS, sales and product. The ideal candidate has leadership experience while understanding first-hand how to analyze and understand key market segments, elicit customer insights, identify new areas of opportunity and develop innovative strategies for increased market penetration and expansion.
Cross-functional engagement is a necessity as you will help the team define and communicate the requirements of our target markets across all internal stakeholders. Strategic action, in the shape of new product launches, marketing campaigns, sales and partner enablement programs that benefit our customers, partners and business.
You’ll be responsible for our product messaging; roadmap and launch plan development; content creation and sales enablement. You’ll also be expected to speak about the product and our strategy externally - be our product ambassador.
To start you’ll be a team of one working with the rest of our rapidly growing marketing team but we expect you to develop a plan to build out our team and our product marketing skills as required.
We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, confident making decisions and happy working on your own initiative. Oh and you’ll love digging into the technology and helping us find a way to turn the tech into compelling messaging that excites customers and prospects.
You should maintain a solution-oriented approach and be excited to be a part of a growing team, welcoming the challenges that come along with a startup environment.
- Drive market segmentation and analysis, understand target segments and needs, define ideal customer profiles and personas, identify emerging market segments, prepare market and solution forecasts.
- Build business cases showing market sizing, opportunity analysis, key messaging, pricing analysis, competitive reviews and ROI, with supporting analysis for new ideas and opportunities. Communicate plans across Marketing, Finance, Eng, Sales, and senior management.
- Develop go-to-market strategies for projects and solutions and lead a cross-functional team on execution of launch plans for these new solutions.
- Create and deliver key messages enabling our Marketing Communications team and agencies to execute relevant campaigns and programs.
- Develop innovative and professional materials to support Sales in selling solutions pitch decks, sell sheets, videos, blog posts, etc.
- Partner closely with sales ops & strategy to increase sales productivity and improve enablement programs.
- Ensure our sales and success organization has the content and training needed to effectively close and win deals.
- Develop a deep understanding of how customers use our platform, the benefits they experience and the future opportunities they want to unlock. Then bring that to our messaging.
- Work with the product team to develop the release and launch plan for new features and services to customers, partners and prospects.
- Customer Lifetime Value - set strategies to increase net revenue and customer profitability in partnership with product, customer success, professional services, and the broader marketing team
- Growth Strategy - market opportunity and segments, buyer personas and buying criteria, win/loss analysis, and competitive intelligence to inform product and go-to-market strategies
- MBA strongly preferred
- 10+ years of product marketing experience, 2+ years as a people manager
- Experience in B2B, enterprise software or SaaS, with readiness to share and implement best practices on day one
- Previous experience working with enterprise sales teams
- Proven leadership skills, with ability to coach and mentor direct reports and others
- Strong interest in representing the voice of the customer to the company and launch process
- Strong abilities in the areas of analysis, strategy development, problem solving and decision making
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including preparation and delivery of presentation
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with coworkers, partners and customers
- Market research experience a plus
- Experience with product-led growth a plus
- A strategic thinker with a track record of kick-starting and executing product-line initiatives
Ontic Benefits & Perks
Medical, Vision & Dental Benefits
Flexible PTO Policy
Generous Parental Leave policy
Home Office Stipend
Mobile Phone & Home Internet Reimbursement
Anniversary & Milestone Celebrations
Ontic is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that celebrates diversity. We do not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors protected by applicable law.