SEO Manager at Levelset
If you read the below description and feel this position excites you, but your experience does not add up 100%, we encourage you to still apply and tell us why! We look forward to learning what makes you passionate and purposeful.
The SEO Manager is responsible for reporting, ad hoc SEO deliverables, performance trending, and opportunity analysis for the in-house SEO program. The role requires deep understanding of SEO and the tools, principles, and best practices required for best-in-class search programs. Your data-backed contextual insights, subject matter expert knowledge, and ability to map data insights to actionable recommendations are a key part of the team’s success in empowering people to get what they earn. You will use performance metrics, as well as competitive and gap analysis to tell the story of how natural search is doing: where we are today and where we can go tomorrow.
- Work cross-functionally on all aspects of SEO including keyword research, analytics, content strategy, and implementation of technical SEO tactics
- Assist the team in executing the holistic SEO roadmap to expand Levelset’s organic search presence
- Evaluate keyword rankings and traffic trends to improve organic search engine performance
- Develop and setup SEO tests including content, title tags, metas, etc.
- Work with writers to ensure that content is optimized for target keywords, featured snippets, and have the proper internal links to move users throughout the website
- Review keyword research and categorize keywords and search topics into related groups
- Conduct monthly SEO audits on content performance and evaluate what steps are needed to reach business goals
- Conduct monthly technical audits and coordinate with product managers to fix/optimize areas found within audits
- Create monthly SEO reports on organic performance for responsible products
- Research and develop strategies to improve User Experience by leveraging A/B testing and Usability testing
What you Bring:
- 5+ years of SEO experience conducting keyword research, content ideation, technical seo audits, and content review
- Experience with SEO tools such as Ahrefs, Semrush, and Screaming Frog
- SQL experience a plus
- Python experience a plus
- Experience working and collaborating with external teams such as web development, content, UX, SEM, Social
- Experience with project management systems such as Jira
- Expert knowledge of Google Analytics with the ability to analyze data, create reports and dashboards
- Strong knowledge of Google Search console, Google Tag Manager
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity
- Strong critical-thinking, research and problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of user journeys, online user behavior, and how to create a content funnel
- Excellent time-management, organization and project management skills, with attention to detail from inception through execution
- We’re a rapidly growing team working on interesting and worthwhile problems
- SEO is a big focus for the company and is one of the main priorities.
- With a newly distributed workforce, we make engagement and employee wellness even more of a priority. We want you to love your job!
- We believe professional growth (i.e. building your skills) is essential. Working here provides the opportunity for increased responsibility, continuous learning, and more.
- We have a very welcoming culture that starts at the top with our CEO.
- Nothing is a secret here, we think honesty and transparency create a productive workplace.
- Recognition for hard work and demonstrating our core values is important to us.
- Competitive health benefits, including mental, emotional, and behavioral health benefits and an easy to use Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible sick & personal leave policy needed for health, family, and parenting during this tough time.
- Open vacation policy without a cap on the number of days-off. We do require employees to take a minimum of 5 days off in a row each year.
- Subsidized International Travel: We subsidize international travel starting at 6 months, and increasing each year
- Equity, per company’s general stock grant plan
- 401k account through Betterment which allows you to seamlessly save money for retirement directly from your paycheck
- Learning and Development Opportunities: In the spirit of our core value to Learn Enough, we offer a book reimbursement program. If you share what you learned from a book with the team, we'll reimburse you for it. We also provide ample room for learning and development opportunities through Coursera online courses, outside speakers, and opportunities to learn skills from your colleagues.
Levelset is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships.