Sr. Email Marketing Manager at Levelset
If you read the below description and feel this position excites you, but your experience does not add up 100%, we encourage you to still apply and tell us why! We look forward to learning what makes you passionate and purposeful.
Levelset is looking for a Senior Email Marketing Manager to develop and execute a holistic email strategy that effectively moves users down the funnel. Email is a powerful channel that you will leverage to drive demand in three key areas. 1) Generate leads and demand from warm leads in our database and from cold leads through outbound email outreach. 2) Support retention, engagement, and expansion of subscription customers. 3) Refresh and rethink transactional emails to better drive product engagement. In this journey you’ll work side by side with talented Growth Marketers, Marketing Operations, Designers, and Product Managers to develop, test, and automate effective campaigns that wow users and help us hit our business goals. You will leave no stone unturned in your quest to take our email marketing motion from good to great.
Ideally this candidate will have experience working in B2B SaaS with exposure ranging from helpful and informative marketing emails to product-triggered transactional emails. They should excel both at creating remarkable emails with compelling copy, sharp design, and intuitive UI and at managing the behind-the-scenes operations that keep emails organized and going to the right people. We are looking for someone who will thrive with a high degree of ownership and has the drive to expand the boundaries of how we utilize email as a channel. There is a lot of potential for the right person to come in, roll up their sleeves, and make a huge impact.
- Own the hands-on writing and execution of all email marketing (automated emails, activity-triggered emails, ad hoc emails, outbound emails), and lead the charge to overhaul and add to transactional emails
- Develop and maintain marketing automation and triggers to drive engagement and conversions from all contacts from new marketing prospects to subscription customers
- Be accountable for quality execution, timeliness, and performance of all email projects and campaigns. Continuously conduct A/B tests and analyze results to develop insights to improve engagement, conversion rates, and achieve campaign goals
- Deliver cohesive messaging and communication for multiple persona tracks throughout the entire user lifecycle
- Own email operations by segmenting audience lists so that we can effectively reach the right people with the right content, by tracking engagement through UTMs and email platform reporting, and by managing suppression lists
- Act as traffic cop for company-wide email communications by implementing rhythms, an email calendar, and an open feedback loop to effectively align all teams’ email outreach
- Be the go-to knowledge source for everyone's email questions. Guide other teams on what they should send, to whom, and when based on your expertise and campaign data, and nurture a shared understanding of tradeoffs and opportunities.
- Provide ongoing reporting on key email metrics and campaign performance to key stakeholders. Show the value of email as a channel for our business goals.
- Stay current with email automation best practices, general email innovations and tactics, and accessibility to brand’s email program
- Monitor our marketing email health (deliverability, sender score, email list health, etc.) and the quality of our marketing data (list segmentation, unsubscribe management, etc).
- 3-5 years of analytical, quantitative email marketing and lifecycle marketing experience
- Experience building and managing campaigns on multiple email marketing platforms, as well as integrating with other martech platforms for analytics and marketing automation
- Proven track record of leveraging data and dynamic content to produce highly personalized emails/newsletters.
- 3+ years in B2B marketing, preferably in a SaaS environment
- Experience with email automation, transactional sends, and testing tools
- Can write compelling copy and design beautiful, eye-catching emails
- Motivated, driven and self-starting individual who enjoys solving problems and finding areas of improvement
- You are a team player that loves the thrill of shared victories over individual accolades
Levelset has been named one of the "Best Places to Work" by New Orleans CityBusiness three years in a row for our mission-driven culture and commitment to internal and external growth. Backed by venture funding, we are growing rapidly and looking for new exciting team members to add their unique talents to our mission. We empower contractors to always get what they earn, and our software platform makes lien rights, payment paperwork, and compliance in the construction industry simple and stress-free, so contractors and suppliers can get paid faster, have easier access to capital, and less surprises.
Levelset is venture-backed by Horizons Ventures, S3 Ventures, Altos Ventures, and Brick & Mortar Ventures. Levelset is headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, with offices in Austin, Texas, and Cairo, Egypt, and is about 200 employees strong.
- We’re a rapidly growing team working on interesting and worthwhile problems
- With a newly distributed workforce, we make engagement and employee wellness even more of a priority. We want you to love your job!
- We believe professional growth (i.e. building your skills) is essential. Working here provides the opportunity for increased responsibility, continuous learning, and more.
- We have a very welcoming culture that starts at the top with our CEO.
- Nothing is a secret here, we think honesty and transparency create a productive workplace.
- Recognition for hard work and demonstrating our core values is important to us.
- Competitive health benefits, including mental, emotional, and behavioral health benefits and an easy to use Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible sick & personal leave policy needed for health, family, and parenting during this tough time.
- Open vacation policy without a cap on the number of days-off. We do require employees to take a minimum of 5 days off in a row each year.
- Subsidized International Travel: We subsidize international travel starting at 6 months, and increasing each year
- Equity, per company’s general stock grant plan
- 401k account through Betterment which allows you to seamlessly save money for retirement directly from your paycheck
- Learning and Development Opportunities: In the spirit of our core value to Learn Enough, we offer a book reimbursement program. If you share what you learned from a book with the team, we'll reimburse you for it. We also provide ample room for learning and development opportunities through Coursera online courses, outside speakers, and opportunities to learn skills from your colleagues.
We are committed to fighting injustice throughout the construction industry, and fairness is key to our company's purpose. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate.