Sr. Product Marketing Manager - Next Generation Firewall
Forcepoint is transforming cybersecurity by focusing on what matters most: understanding people’s intent as they interact with critical data and intellectual property wherever it resides. Our uncompromising systems enable companies to empower employees with unobstructed access to confidential data while protecting intellectual property and simplifying compliance. Based in Austin, Texas, Forcepoint supports more than 20,000 organizations worldwide. For more about Forcepoint, visit www.Forcepoint.com and follow us on Twitter at @ForcepointSec.
Forcepoint seeks understand the world’s cyber behaviors to stop the bad and free the good. We are reinventing cybersecurity with a transformative, behavior-centric approach that provides visibility to human interaction with data, understands the intent behind that interaction, and can dynamically adapt security countermeasures in response. By integrating our best-in-class products into the Human Point System, we will enable customers to deploy and operate a modern cybersecurity architecture that meets the challenges of today’s digital world.
The Forcepoint Senior Product Marketing Manager for Network Security creates and articulates the messaging, positioning and uniqueness of Forcepoint's Next Generation Firewall. He or she will provide support for demand generation campaigns executed by the Revenue Marketing team; develop and deliver sales and partner training; coordinate product launch/release; produce sales tools, collateral and competitive profiles; and evangelize our products internally and externally to achieve business success and profitable growth. The Senior Product Marketing Manager will work closely with the related Solution Product Marketing Director as well as product management, sales, sales engineering, CTO, growth marketing, and corporate marketing.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for Forcepoint's NGFW product and market, customers, competition, messaging and positioning for sales, sales engineering, product management and growth marketing
- Develop product positioning, value propositions, claims and high-impact and differentiated stories that differentiates your products in the market; translate technical capabilities into benefits for buyers and users
- Market intelligence – be the expert on your buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria; be the expert on your competition and how to beat them
- Demand generation – support marketing programs that drive demand for your products
- Develop high-impact sales tools such as product datasheets, web content, blog entries, eBooks, videos, white papers, presentations, case studies, business cases, TCO/ROI analysis, competitive profiles and sales playbooks
- Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Evangelize the company’s vision, architecture and overall product strategy both internally and externally
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
The candidate should have experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field such as Computer Science; MBA is a plus
- At least 5-7 years’ experience in Product Marketing or heavily-outbound product management of enterprise software and technology offerings
- Be technical – experience with next generation firewall or network security is expected
- Very strong written and presentation communication skills
- Proven a track record of working independently
- Must also enjoy collaborating with a team and be able to both lead and participate in projects
- Willing to travel up to 20%