Technical Content Strategist
At Volusion, we make products that people love. Our teams are dedicated to providing SaaS ecommerce solutions and services for all business types, from startups to well-established companies. If you're a creative professional who loves working with teams, has a passion for driving positive change and wants to better the world with your ideas, we want to hear from you!
As the Technical Content Strategist, you will own and deliver supporting documentation to our partners directly as well as create deliverables for our Sales and Partnership teams. This position will sit within the Marketing organization but work closely with Product, Sales, CE and Partnerships teams to ensure we are effectively creating the proper collateral across the org.
- Work closely with Product and the Partnerships team to distill highly technical processes into user-friendly documentation and collateral (articles, whitepapers, guides, etc.)
- Research, develop, and document technical design specifications and test scripts during times of application deployments
- Approach content with end-user mentality, fully understanding the value props for each feature set or initiative and distilling these in all content assets
- Deliver the right level of content so the intended audience can implement and utilize our products
- Audit content for accuracy and relevancy
- Maintain continuity of style of content across the greater org
- Work across the org to determine content needs and to prioritize initiatives
- Advocate for the Product and our Partnerships community
- Identify appropriate tools to support you in the success of this role
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Technical Communications or similar
- Proven experience working in a technical writing position
- Experience working in a technical environment, SaaS product experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to write explanatory and procedural style content for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multitasking
- Proofreading, editing and document publishing abilities
- Multimedia skills, such as blogging
- Work samples- a digital portfolio would be great
- Nice to have (not required): HTML and CSS
Who is also the embodiment of our culture code (we hope you are nodding your head in agreement as you browse through it!):
- Humble: Have humility and be respectful; no egos allowed.
- Effective: Get stuff done!
- Adaptable: Willing to fill any role, anytime. Going above/beyond the call of duty.
- Transparent: Open and honest to self and others.
- A founder: Think big, go fast and solve for the customer.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-site Fitness and Yoga Classes
- Casual Dress and Beer Fridays
- Endless Supply of Coffee and Snacks
- Two Volunteer Days Off
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- Dry Cleaning
- Chair Massages
- Team Sports and Team Outings
*Please provide a cover letter and work samples.