ABOUT THIS POSITION
As our IT Helpdesk Specialist, you will create delight for employees by identifying, troubleshooting, and solving technology issues for all Aces. Part of the People & Culture team, you will collaborate to help us create, document, and streamline our onboarding, offboarding, and other technology-related processes to ensure a smooth experience for our team. You will proactively communicate technology issues and trends, combining your technical proficiency, with a keen eye for organization and attention to detail.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in Texas. To date, Aceable touts more than 20 million users and counting across all verticals, as it continues to expand adding millions nationwide each year.
Aceable was named winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017 and awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. We actively work to foster a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE PEOPLE & CULTURE TEAM
The Aceable People & Culture team is a data-driven, results oriented, and compassionate team committed to an amazing Aceable employee experience. We align people priorities to our strategic business objectives and use our core values as our North star. We cultivate the Aceable culture and live our values.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide day-to-day technical support for all employees via phone, Slack, email, and tickets in a timely manner, ensuring all SLAs are met, best practices followed, and superior customer service
- Provisions equipment for new hires and offboard as necessary
- Perform hands-on computer and printer preventative maintenance and troubleshooting, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications
- Identify and track all software and hardware used and supported by the organization, and learn and own deployment of new technology as needed
- Order, track, and maintain inventory of all Aceable IT property
- Create clear documentation a for all IT processes, and continually evaluate for opportunities to streamline / create efficiencies
- Create, update, and present / distribute training materials to educate all Aces on important security and technology updates
- Track all IT expenditures, working closely with Finance to submit all receipts and forecast future spending
- Creatively solve problems using knowledge bases, FAQs, and other resources
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years’ experience as helpdesk support/service
- Mac OS and Windows administration
- Experience with Google workspace, Slack, Jira, Office 365
- General knowledge of security best practices, including systems security
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to problem solve, show initiative, and meet deadlines
- Experience with email and file migrations
- Experience with RMM (Remote Monitoring and Management) solution, such as Atera
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2021
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Generous time off programs
- Flexible work schedule
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & activities (Holiday events, happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Free parking spot downtown in our garage 24/7 or a monthly transportation stipend
- Education stipend ($500/year/employee)
- Free Roadside Assistance subscription
- NOTE: Our team is currently remote due to Covid-19 and we have some awesome virtual perks that come with it (trivia, karaoke, bingo, happy hours, lunch & learns, and more)
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.