IT Manager, Business Applications at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring an IT Manager of Business Applications to build and manage a cross-functional Business Application Team. We need a motivated leader who has experience in a cloud-centric environment that is willing to lead and grow a team to help Workrise function and scale at a rapid pace.
Why Join us? Our Information Technology team at Workrise resides inside of the Engineering group and reports to our CTO. We are working on creating a fast-scaling, people-centric, and results driven team, and the Business Applications team will help us bring the customer-facing systems into our realm. We want to automate and integrate all the things, and if that is your mentality, this is the place for you.What you’ll be doing:
- Develop a Business Applications Information Technology team that works closely with our Systems Strategy team
- Build a roadmap to integrate, automate, administer and manage Workrise’s business applications
- Manage that Business Application Team and oversee their performance, development, and deliverables
- Work with Engineering, Product Managers, Finance, Legal, Revenue Operations, and other teams on various projects to improve our overall Business Applications environment
- Establish and maintain an efficient team delivery process that fulfils the team roadmap
- Participate in recruiting, performance management, coaching, compensation reviews, promotion discussions, and other career-related functions
- Build relationships with stakeholders and external vendors
What you should have:
- 6+ years of experience in Information Technology
- 2+ years of experience in a managing teams
- Experience or familiarity with cloud-based SaaS applications like Google Workspace, Netsuite, Bullhorn, Paylocity, Zendesk, etc.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Experience with remote collaboration with teams in different timezones
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, order of preference: Kanban, Scrum, XP
- A background of program or project management
- A background of managing or developing financial, ERP, HRIS, or CRM systems
- BS degree or equivalent practical experience
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the oil & gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. And while our commitment hasn’t changed, our business has. What started in oil & gas has grown to include construction, wind, solar, and defense. So we believe it’s time our company’s name reflects that evolution. We’re excited to announce that RigUp is now Workrise— a full-stack workforce provider, powered by technology specifically built for the diverse industries we serve.