IT Specialist at RapidDeploy
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:57 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, July 15, 2020
Join a purpose-driven, fast-growing enterprise software company that is working to transform 9-1-1.
The power to do remarkable things when it matters most is the heart of 9-1-1 and public safety. At RapidDeploy, we believe that regardless of size, geography or budget, everyone in public safety should have access to the data they need when it matters most to save more lives. That’s why, since 2016, our mission has been to reduce emergency response times and improve public safety. We are the industry’s only truly open and integrated emergency response platform with a portfolio of web-based cloud solutions that includes analytics, mapping, dispatch and first responder applications.
Over the past year, we have signed four state contracts and our software has been deployed in more than 350 9-1-1 centers across the U.S. We have increased our annual recurring revenue by more than 20X. We’re hiring passionate team members to help propel us into the next stage of growth.
RapidDeploy is seeking at IT Specialist, who will serve as frontline technical support staff for local and remote personnel to obtain technical support for PC workstation hardware, software and connectivity to network systems. This position will be responsible for implementing and tracking service requests from RapidDeploy employees, and providing support to RapidDeploy team to ensure effective and efficient operations of our technology.
What You’ll Be Doing at RapidDeploy
- Provide onsite and remote support for RapidDeploy US team, including troubleshooting and resolution of computer and mobile device hardware and software issues
- Handle escalated issues and follow-up on outstanding issues promptly
- Develop, document, and implement standard operating procedures for US Technology
- Administer software licenses to RapidDeploy employees, and provide updates to RapidDeploy management quarterly on usage and performance of the software.
- Conduct minor repairs to laptops, monitors and similar devices
- Oversee physical equipment configuration and installation, including for new hires.
- Consult with RapidDeploy management on the adoption and application of new technologies
- Manage hardware procurement and oversee hardware asset inventory
- Manage office hardware systems (Wi-Fi, Printers, TV’s, VC Solutions), and
- Provide technical support for events and tradeshows as needed
What You'll Need to be Successful
- 2+ years experience in computer networks and systems maintenance.
- Excellent “translation” communication skills – able to explain technical concepts to non-technical persons & help educate staff to prevent future breakages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Proficient with Windows 10 and MacOS.
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills.
- Team player.
- Good time-management skills.
- A+, Linux+ or Cisco Certified Network Associate accreditation preferred
About RapidDeploy Inc.
- Raised Series A financing from GreatPoint Ventures, Samsung NEXT & Tao Capital
- Strong revenue growth (20x+ in last 12 months) & huge recent customer wins (e.g., State of California)
- Fast-growing, passionate, mission-driven team – we care about saving lives through technology!
- Offices in Austin, TX and Cape Town, South Africa
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options, with benefits that kick in on your first day! Benefits are highly subsidized by RapidDeploy Inc.
- In addition to 8 observed holidays, RapidDeploy employees receive 20 days of PTO and unlimited sick leave.
RapidDeploy is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Notice: RapidDeploy’s hiring policy prohibits hiring from existing or prospective customers.
Read Full Job Description