Support Engineer II at Workrise
As the leading workforce management solution for the skilled trades, Workrise makes it easier for skilled laborers to find work, and for companies to find in-demand workers. Workrise currently operates in wind, solar, construction, oil and gas, and defense industries. We’re growing, and we’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Workrise is hiring a IT Technician that will be responsible for troubleshooting problems faced by the end-users by identifying issues and analyzing them. Our ideal candidate for this role will be someone who loves the idea of working with technology to help our employees thrive and working with a small team to support our employees facing problems related to hardware, software, and networking
Why Join us? Our IT team at Workrise helps deliver business outcomes, so business units don’t have to become technology experts. The IT team manages the technology, so the business staff can focus on business activities.What you’ll be doing:
- Service Desk (60% - 80%):
- Be a single point of contact for customers to obtain technical support
- Configure desks, laptops and software for all new hires
- Assist with the ticket queue for all day to day IT requests
- Update equipment inventory and maintain equipment stock with our approved vendors
- Manage company provided mobile equipment
- Create technical documentation, KB articles, and How To’s for our knowledge management system
- Discover training needs and provide coaching as needed for service desk team
- Project work (20% - 40%):
- Use technology and best practices to streamline procedures and automate tasks
- Assist and collaborate with IT Systems Administrators and IT Systems Engineers with implementation of new solutions and management all existing platforms
- Strong communication skills in order to work with both IT specialists and non-IT employees.
- Demonstrate competency in troubleshooting
- Able to multi-task and document several tasks at once
- Experience with:
- Cloud-based environments
- Okta (or other SSO solutions)
- GSuite administration
- Microsoft Office365
- Jamf / Intune / Google MDM
- Atlassian and Jira Service Desk
- Apple macOS and Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Basic networking troubleshooting
At Workrise you can feel good about your work and furthering our mission to serve those who do the hard work. We recognize that making an impact matters to you and we believe in providing an environment that fosters that ambition. We welcome you to develop relationships with coworkers by displaying our company values: Own the Mission, Learn and Grow, Solutions Over Ego, and Raise the Bar. In appreciation for your contributions, we support you with various health insurance plan options (including medical, dental, vision), flexible paid time off, and competitive 401k matching.
As a world-class employer, Workrise is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
In 2014, we set out to create a better way to get work done in the oil & gas industry. The goal — to build the most reliable and cost-effective workforce solution, using technology to make it easier to manage and deploy workers at scale. And while our commitment hasn’t changed, our business has. What started in oil & gas has grown to include construction, wind, solar, and defense. So we believe it’s time our company’s name reflects that evolution. We’re excited to announce that RigUp is now Workrise— a full-stack workforce provider, powered by technology specifically built for the diverse industries we serve.