Atlassian is continuing to hire with all interviewing and on-boarding done virtually due to COVID-19. All new and existing Atlassians will continue to work from home until it’s safe to return to our offices. When our offices re-open, every Atlassian will have the choice to work from an office or from home.
This isn't your ordinary Support Engineer role. If you love solving the deepest and gnarliest tech problems, enjoy working with all types of customers from around the world (startups to Fortune 500 corporations), and love variety, this job has it all in spades. Atlassian is a rapidly growing software development company, and the Support team is changing its focus to allow it to scale with the business. Atlassian Support Engineers work directly with our customers to help unlock the potential in teams around the globe by troubleshooting, debugging, and answering questions about our products.
- Resolve customer issues through code error diagnosis, debugging, validation, and root cause analysis
- Manage technical escalations to ensure customer success with Atlassian products
- Communicate to our customer base through various channels to resolve application issues
- Replicate and debug issues to verify product related bugs
- Create and curate knowledge-base articles and documentation to help customers help themselves
- Monitor queue health and identify ways to proactively address trends
- Collaborate with the team to define new methods and system changes to improve the customer experience, reduce overall resolution times, and improve team efficiency and quality
- Manage active ticket research, customer communications, and internal meetings
- Participate in weekend support rotations (one weekend shift every 4-6 weeks)
More about you
- 5+ years technical support experience OR 5+ years sysadmin history in a similar product environment
- Demonstrated ability to detect and diagnose complex and critical technical issues effectively and efficiently
- Exposure to Java environment troubleshooting
- Deep networking knowledge and strong troubleshooting skills
- Deep operating systems knowledge (e.g: Linux, OSX, Windows)
- Strong database skills with the expertise to write and update SQL queries with ease
- Demonstrated experience with one or more Application Servers (e.g: Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere, WebLogic)
- Experience working with AWS (EC2, S3, RDS)
- Strong written and spoken communication as well as business acumen
- Precise with communication and actions
- Drive to be the champion for customers and a lack of patience for delay or lack of urgency
- Focused on customer success and team support first
- Ability to learn and teach new technologies as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated experience
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.