System Administrator at Social Solutions
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:23 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, October 6, 2021
Do you enjoy providing being the "go to" team member for computer systems, hardware, or software? Are you a n experienced IT person with broad experience who enjoys making sure everyone is up and running to get their jobs done? If so, keep reading!
- Organized: You can independently prioritize and manage multiple projects, support tickets, and miscellaneous requests while still meeting deadlines and meeting requirements.
- Communicative: You know how and when to keep your colleagues in the loop with your work.
- Responsible: You're ready to take ownership for successes and mistakes (they happen to everyone!) .
- Personable : You're patient , eas y to get along with , and human-focused. Managing technology is a big part of the job, but people are who we serve.
- You're ready to help: You look for solutions when called upon but also by proactively identifying and solving problems before they become larger issues.
What You'll Do
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the S ocial Solutions computers by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair. Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained. Applies revisions to host system firmware and software. Works with vendors to assist support activities.
- Develop new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability. Trains technical staff in how to use new software and hardware developed and/or acquired.
- Perform troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources.
- Develop procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature , and user abuse.
- Develop procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems , and host-based applications.
- Develop and coordinates project directions and schedules to maximize benefits and minimize impacts on the customer organizations. Provides leadership in planning and implementation of projects for computer operations and enterprise systems administration.
- Develop tools, procedures, and training sessions for Operations, Client Support , and Systems Development staff to assist with work.
- Manage the computer host systems including hardware, software , and equipment such as air-conditioning system, UPS (uninterrupted power system) , and fire protection system.
- Stay current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways for S ocial Solutions to take advantage of new technology.
Responsibilities & Requirements
- 3 + years' experience in system administration
- Experience using vSphere and/or AWS virtualization
- Ability to respond to help desk requests after hours on a limited basis
- Expe r ience managing Intune, JAMF, or similar MDM tools
- Experience managing Microsoft 365
- Experience managing Microsoft Active Directory and/or Azure Active Directory
- Knowledge of management and use of Windows 10, MacOS, Windows Server, and CentOS (ideally, expert level in at least two of these)
- Associate degree or higher in a related field
- CCENT or CCNA certification
- Experience scripting with Powershell , Bash, and/or Pytho n
- Standing and walking required daily
- Sitting for extended periods - up to 8 hours daily while utilizing a computer/screen monitor
- Lifting / carrying objects of 5-25 lbs. required daily
- Crouching / stooping required frequently
- Lifting / carrying objects of 26-50+ lbs. required occasionally
- Kneeling, twisting of upper body / neck, and pushing / pulling of items required occasionally
About Social Solutions Global
Why We're Awesome
Recently named one of Built In Austin 's Best Places to Work for in Austin. At Social Solutions, we're mission focused and results oriented! We're a diverse team of innovators, creatives, and digital architects that come together to help organizations transform lives. Our clients affect countless lives every day. That's why we go above and beyond to provide tools to get the job done. We help non-profits get to the heart of their data so they can maximize their efforts to do even more good. We help those that are changing the world.
What You'll Get
- Amazing coworkers
- Flexible PTO
- 100% employer paid benefits for employees
- 8 hours per quarter of volunteer time
- Company sponsored events and happy hours
- Career advancement opportunities
- That's not all, folks!
To ensure candidate and employee health, Social Solutions is conducting the interview process remotely via Zoom for the foreseeable future. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
In order fulfill Social Solutions' mission to "help people transform lives," we seek to build teams that leverage diverse perspectives to create an innovative and welcoming environment.
To that end, we make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Social Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.