Do you enjoy providing being the "go to" team member for computer systems, hardware, or software? Are you a task-oriented individual who enjoys making sure everyone is up and running to get their jobs done? If so, keep reading!
What You'll Do
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the SSG host computers by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair. Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained. Applies revisions to host system firmware and software. Works with vendors to assist support activities.
- Develops new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability. Trains technical staff in how to use new software and hardware developed and/or acquired.
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources.
- Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
- Develops procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
- Develops and coordinates project directions and schedules to maximize benefits and minimize impacts on the customer organizations. Provides leadership in planning and implementation of projects for computer operations and enterprise systems administration.
- Develops tools, procedures, and training sessions for Operations, Client Support and Systems Development staff to assist with work.
- Manages the computer host systems including hardware, software and equipment such as air-conditioning system, UPS (uninterrupted power system) and fire protection system.
- Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways for SSG to take advantage of new technology.
- 2+ years' experience in system administration
- Associate degree or higher in a related field
- Extensive experience with VMware
- Advanced knowledge of system vulnerability and security issues
- Ability to respond to help desk requests after hours on a limited basis
- CCENT or CCNA certification preferred
- Experience with SCCM or distributed management tools
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory
Why We're Awesome
Recently named one of Built In Austin's Top 5 Best Companies to Work for in Austin. At Social Solutions, we're mission focused and results oriented! We're a diverse team of innovators, creatives, and digital architects that come together to help organizations transform lives. Our clients affect countless lives every day. That's why we go above and beyond to provide tools to get the job done. We help non-profits get to the heart of their data so they can maximize their efforts to do ever more good. We help those that are changing the world.
What You'll Get
- Amazing coworkers
- 100% employer paid benefits for employees
- 8 hours per quarter of volunteer time
- Company sponsored events and happy hours
- Career advancement opportunities
- That's not all, folks!
In order to fulfill Social Solutions' mission to "help people transform lives," we seek to build teams that leverage diverse perspectives to create an innovative and welcoming environment.
To that end, we make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Social Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.