At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
Do you thrive on creating innovative solutions? Do you value new capabilities? Can you help us develop and deliver technical educational programs that are engaging and hands on to enable our teams?
The Technical Enablement team within the Enablement organization is focused on increasing and improving Cloudflare’s technical product educational offerings for our Sales, Pre-Sales and Post Sales, Partner and Customer organization by advancing our capabilities through state-of-the-art hands-on learning environments such as labs, demos, apps and virtual classrooms. By focusing our educational offerings on product, competition, market, architectural landscapes, and certifications we will help elevate the stakeholders to the next generation of technical value selling and consulting experts. By elevating our training offerings, we will enable our internal customers to use Cloudflare for their cloud strategies while creating customers for life.
Key activities of the team include but are not limited to:
- Growing our educational product line offerings and revenue
- Architecting hands on solution across Cloudflare’s key Product lines
- Driving quality and collaboration in our Product Communities and SME program
- Developing and maintaining a Technical Enablement sandbox environment to create scalable labs, demos, apps, tool and virtual classrooms
- Working with current and identifying new 3rd party vendors to create Technical Value Selling, Consulting and Certified Services experts
- Delivering Competitive, Market, Architectural landscape, Certification programs by Product Lines
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced, and self-driven Technical Enablement Architect to design, develop and deliver training content on Cloudflare products and solutions to enable our stakeholders such as Sales, Pre-Sales, Post Sales, Partners and Customers.
The role will report to the Technical Enablement Lead on the Sales Enablement team and work closely with the product marketing management, product management and specialist organization to enable the global field teams. This position will work as part of an experienced global team of technical enablement architects responsible for designing and delivering technical training for all Cloudflare products and solutions.
As the Technical Enablement Architect (TEA), you will be part of the Technical Enablement team within the Sales Enablement organization and expected to:
- Architect scalable enablement solutions such as labs, demos, apps, and virtual classrooms that will benefit our audience.
- Display high standards of leadership by providing subject-matter-expertise within a specific Product domain: Application Services, Zero Trust Services, Network Services, or Developer Platform.
- Lead technical conversations and drive subject matter expert responsibilities within a product line along with a strong understanding of how to develop and deliver scalable solutions.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Designing, developing, updating, and implementing objective-based training materials for Cloudflare products and solutions.
- Developing and releasing training modules with clear learning paths aligned to Sales Plays and Sales Stages for Sales and Pre-Sales audiences.
- Curating enablement content by architecting and developing scalable hands-on educational solutions within our sandbox environment (i.e., labs, demos, apps, tools, virtual classrooms).
- Developing product positioning, messaging, and marketing content that demonstrates differentiation compared to market competitors.
- Driving field readiness for product improvements and future release capabilities by collaborating with product management and product marketing teams.
- Owning and driving the Enablement strategy and educational offerings for a Product Line in line with the Go to Market strategy.
- Navigating across multiple roles within the Enablement ecosystem and stakeholders to develop scalable solutions.
- Developing content for key presentations and strategic topics for customer and internal events.
QualificationsRequired Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
- 5-8 years of relevant experience in the fields of Pre-Sales, Post-Sales, Enablement, Technical Marketing, or Product Marketing
- A Bachelor’s or a Master’s degree or its equivalent in a technical domain
- Minimum 5 years of overall experience in the IT industry.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in technical pre-sales/sales engineering, consulting, and/or other customer facing role consulting on, delivering technical products or services.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Internet technologies, standards and protocols, including DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, Web architecture and design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to a broad range of technical and business audiences.
- Strong technical knowledge in security- and/or internet-related technologies and proven ability to establish credibility with product management, technical pre-sales, and customers.
- Experience with Content Delivery Networks, Web Performance, Security or Enterprise solutions
- Experience with Technology Services Learning and Development organizations or projects
- Self-Starter and interpersonal skills, such as time management, team leadership and managing conflict
- Experience with professional development – presentation skills, pitching technical solutions, technical negotiation, and consultant skills
- Proven track record of strong technical solutions selling and ability to think creatively
- Intellectual curiosity with the desire and ability to understand complex technical concepts
- Situational fluency, ability to influence and motivate others, and perseverance to handle challenging business situations
- Able to set priorities and maneuver in a corporate environment with a strong sense of urgency
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
188.8.131.52: We released 184.108.40.206 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.