API and Developer Experience Product Manager
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's build on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
Ping Identity is looking for a passionate product manager to lead the developer-first API and developer-facing capabilities of our IDaaS product, PingOne. You will be responsible for setting the roadmap and leading execution prioritization for our growing customer base.
As a member of the product management team, you will participate in all phases of the product development cycle. This role is highly collaborative, as you will work closely with customers, prospects, engineering, marketing, and sales, to build and manage a fundamental part of Ping's strategic vision.
You will engage with both the public developer community and with the development teams of our customers and prospects to understand detailed use cases and drive requirements into the Ping Identity product development process. You will interact with key stakeholders inside and outside of the company, with a primary focus on the APIs, SDKs, integration, and developer tool aspects of Ping Identity's IDaaS product offering.
The preferred candidate will have 5 or more years of experience in hand-on building identity and access management into custom solutions, both mobile and web based. Development experience with ReSTful APIs is a must, past participation in standards bodies and development conferences is a plus.
- Ensure that developer APIs and SDKs are defined to enable effective and timely delivery meeting the requirements of our business, markets, prospects and customers
- Ensure that the business is aware of competitive developer API products by providing detailed competitive analyses, comparisons, differentiation, and positioning
- Ensure that the sales, professional services, customer success, and technical support teams are equipped to sell and support our developer APIs and SDKs by creating and delivering training and enablement programs, content, and tools
- Provide developer API market expertise and thought leadership through involvement in industry events, forums, and initiatives as needed
- Assist in various aspects of the business through participation as a key resource of developer API and SDK product/market knowledge and expertise
- Lead internal efforts to provide consistent APIs, documentation, and example code across multiple product teams.
- Develop detailed technical requirements and work closely with engineering feature and component teams during elaboration to ensure Ping's developer features are world-class.
- Monitor industry innovators, standards bodies, and industry trends in development methodologies and tools.
- Support our technology partnerships by providing technical expertise on integrating with Ping Identity products, defining the product value proposition and creating complementary technical presentation materials.
- Create technical, roadmap, and strategic presentations.
- Participate and present at industry conferences, including Ping Identity's public and customer events.
- Travel required, predicted to be 20-30% and will include customer site visits, conferences, trade shows, plus sales and marketing events.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate a passion for improving APIs and developer experiences and will have:
- Five or more years experience in authentication and identity/access management
- A demonstrated technical understanding of authentication and authorization protocols (OIDC, OAuth2, SAML)
- Certifications in agile development best practices and/or product management
- Success at driving consensus and standardization in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communications skills in all forms, including technical presentations (development and delivery) and especially developer-facing content (blogs, how-to videos).
- Ability to align execution to organizational vision by prioritizing and multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment to drive results in several projects simultaneously
- The successful candidate will be professional, display strong interpersonal skills and team orientation, and will be able to establish rapport with users of the platform's APIs.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science with 5+ years of experience in commercial API product development.
- Experience working with distributed implementation teams