Associate Product Manager
We’re an Innovation Lab operating within The Home Depot developing competitive edges with predictive analytics. We get to have a significant impact on a 100+ Billion dollar company both online and in the stores. We work on high impact projects across the company. Our team, consisting of top-notch scientists, software engineers, and product managers, is small with little hierarchy – everyone is highly visible and has an opportunity to make an impact.
About The Role:
Responsible for the feature definition and requirements for part of a larger product or all of a smaller product or project. An associate product manager is not expected to work independently but needs to drive the work themselves and to work closely with a senior product manager in accomplishing their goals in defining the strategy and roadmap. The product manager should work within existing processes to coordinate and manage with UX, QA, Engineering, Customer Success/Support and Data Science to meet their deadlines and goals. If no processes exist, they should work with a more experienced PM to work through any issues as needed. In the end you’ll solve important business problems by building and delivering impactful business applications for The Home Depot.
- Interview internal stakeholders and develop feature and product ideas that solve business problems for Home Depot merchants and their support teams
- Collaborate with other product managers to develop a product roadmap that fits into the overall vision of BlackLocus
- Define measurable business goals to drive product development priorities and product deliverables
- Write clear and concise requirements and user stories, prioritize development items and coordinate schedules with data science and engineering teams
- Consistently meet or beat assigned targets and deadlines
- Ability to operate in both technical and business environments.
- 2+ years' experience in product management or related field
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary teams (Engineering, UX, Data Science); strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills; meeting facilitation and strong follow-up required
- Background in retail and finance, computer science or UX is a plus
- Competitive base and bonus package
- Restricted Stock awards and Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Competitive Benefit Package that covers you and your family
- Open and Flexible PTO
- 401(k) and after one year eligible for matching company contribution
- Stocked kitchen with frequent breakfast tacos and a catered weekly lunch
- Work Life Balance
- Located in the heart of downtown Austin
- Start Up Culture - Big Company Benefits