ABOUT THIS POSITION
As our Associate Product Manager, you will help define, drive, and execute a product strategy that balances short and long term student needs, business outcomes, performance metrics, and the technical infrastructure needed to scale and support our mission. While you will be part of the Product and Design team, you will embed with your designated product/business unit in order to best understand their challenges and opportunities, and translate that into a product roadmap. You will be the subject matter expert, and responsible for optimizing items in the product backlog, communicating with stakeholders, and ensuring goals are met.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging, and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in the U.S. To date, Aceable touts more than 20 million students and counting. The team is proud of the hundred thousand plus students we're adding to the Aceable family per month. We're only getting started, and we need your help to get us to our vision of millions of students per month.
Aceable was named winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017 and has been awarded as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin for multiple years running by numerous entities, such as the Austin Business Journal, BuiltInAustin, and EqualOcean. We actively work to foster a creative, collaborative, and diverse culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT TEAM
You are joining a Product Management and Design Team that lives our core values, is ego-free and team first, obsesses about our users and asking why, loves to nerd out on all things product, and enjoys a good bowl of ramen. The product management team is currently broken out into three core areas of responsibility: Driving, Real Estate, and our Student Experience platform.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Become the subject matter expert for your designated product and/or business unit
- Help drive the product roadmap for your designated product line
- Clearly articulate and prioritize items in the product backlog, ensuring development teams understand and achieve desired results
- Perform user and market research in order to deeply understand and identify the needs of our students
- Communicate constantly with stakeholders, effectively articulating business cases for new initiatives in order to establish priority, importance, and impact
- Partner with design and development teams to turn areas of opportunity into concrete development plans
- Test and measure the success of individual projects and use this data to inform all of your decisions
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Experience in product management or related fields
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to effectively influence and inspire others, particularly in cross-functional teams
- Experience with or interest in SEO and SEM best practices
- Familiarity with Optimizely
- Experience partnering with engineering teams
- Familiarity with scrum and agile methodology
- Familiarity with customer support systems (e.g. Zendesk) and workflows
- Familiarity with large-scale LMS systems
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2020
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Generous time off programs
- Flexible work schedule
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & activities (Holiday events, happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Free parking spot downtown in our garage 24/7 or a monthly transportation stipend
- Education stipend ($500/year/employee)
- Free Roadside Assistance subscription
- NOTE: Our team is currently remote due to Covid-19 and we have some awesome virtual perks that come with it (trivia, karaoke, bingo, happy hours, lunch & learns, and more)
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.