Associate Product Manager at DISCO
DISCO is a legal technology company. Our objective is to own the legal technology market the way Salesforce owns the sales technology market. Given the massive growth of data over the last 20 years, poorly built legal technology products have severely decreased lawyers' ability to practice the law.
We are building a unified technology platform for the practice of law, composed of 5-10 products released over the next 10 years. Great technology can solve problems of scale in data, in laws, and in business operations that have distracted lawyers from doing what they went to law school to do. DISCO is fixing the law by automating the parts of the practice that can be automated so that great lawyers can focus on tasks that require human legal judgment.
To date, we have substantially disrupted the legal tech market with a lawyer inspired consumer-grade interface and a cloud-enabled technology platform that offers unprecedented performance and cost savings. Thoughtful product planning and product design are core tenets in our “product first” business strategy and culture.
At DISCO we only hire “good humans” that have extraordinary IQ, passion, and the discipline to “finish.”Your Impact
As an Associate Product Manager, you will be part of a world-class product organization, and you will work with DISCO’s customers and several product teams to deliver the most magical, consumer-grade product that the legal technology market has ever seen. You will transform user problems into specific user stories and technical documentation so that engineers can unambiguously build the perfect product to support our notion that every line of code will generate new revenue.What You’ll Do
- Research, plan, design, write, edit, and produce internal documentation (e.g., instructions for use, best practices, installation instructions, service playbooks, release notes, etc.) in accordance with applicable quality procedures.
- Collect complete and accurate information by using the product directly, interviewing subject matter experts, and/or reading engineering specifications.
- Support and document effective product operations including best practices for release readiness, user acceptance, and coordinating post-release launch activities.
- Improve the customer support process and prioritize issues for highest impact.
- Serve as the owner of DISCO’s internal knowledge base and manage documentation for DISCO applications, data, and technical troubleshooting processes.
- Organize customer research calls, requirements gathering sessions, and iteration demos, including data collection and analysis.
- Support our monthly Product Sync process where we measure existing roadmap priorities against the signal we collect from the market and clients.
- Analyze the competitive landscape, user data, and market trends to support our product process.
- 2+ years of product management experience with software products.
- Naturally curious and interested in understanding user problems in the legal domain, and have a desire to to find risks, inefficiencies, and things that just don’t make sense.
- Strong written and verbal communication and have a passion for meticulous documentation that is the definition source of truth for the product.
- Ability to quickly learn and master technical processes and translate technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Experience shipping successful software products and features in an agile (and thoughtful) development organization.
- Strong analytical and research skills, and can manage large data sets and use them to identify trends.
- Strong project management and organizational skills, and you are comfortable juggling a variety of responsibilities.
- Used tools like JIRA and Confluence to document requirements and track dependencies.
We intend to build a multi-billion dollar business and think you should come along for the ride:
- We were the first movers to a cloud-based platform that has caused mass disruption within our market.
- Our CEO is a true market visionary. He graduated with a computer science degree at the age of 15 and followed with a JD from Harvard Law School at the age of 19. His unparalleled insights into the fundamental issues in legal and the potential of technology and artificial intelligence to change our market at its core provide the guiding light for DISCO’s long-term strategy.
- We believe that product delivery professionals including product managers, product designers and engineers differ from one another by at least a factor of 10. At DISCO, we only hire the top 1% and pay them well, including equity.
- Given our product first mindset, product professionals are very much stars of the show. Our logo, the circle and square, represents the best lawyers and the best product professionals in the world.
- We measure product delivery velocity by dollars of revenue per line of code. This drives a very thoughtful and deliberate product design and development process that ensures we’re going to make money when we ship products.
- We hire more product managers and designers per engineer than most companies to ensure that our engineers have a disambiguated product intent when they are building.
- As a rule, we don’t commit to external product delivery dates because we believe that unnecessarily constrains our product design and technical creativity
- At DISCO respect isn’t earned, it is assumed. Good humans inherently treat everyone respectfully, and at DISCO we only hire “good humans” that have extraordinary IQ, passion, and the discipline to “finish.”
- We only hire professionals that are passionate about their craft. Given the high caliber of talent, the cutting-edge cloud-based technology stack, and thoughtful and novel product and design approach, you’ll find yourself learning at a rate you’ve not likely experienced in your career.
- Over the next 4 years, we’ll be growing our product delivery organization. There will be incredible growth opportunities along the way.
- We use the “2 Pizza Team” organization design where small autonomous teams own a piece of a product or platform and ship software at rates comparable to a scrappy startup. We achieve consistency across these teams in the areas of design, product-wide use cases and technical concerns through a strategically focused set of overlay functions.
- Finally, while we’re an incredibly fast-growing organization, as a rule, we do not work crazy long hours. We believe in continuous product delivery, continuous product planning and design, continuous regular sleep schedules, continuous regular vacation, and continuous fun if you’re passionate about your craft.
If you want to win and improve your skills as a product manager, come to DISCO.
DISCO is a recognized leader in legal technology. Founded in 2013, DISCO’s mission is to create great technology to modernize the practice of law. Our solutions apply artificial intelligence and cloud computing to help lawyers and legal teams improve legal outcomes for their clients. Corporate legal departments, law firms, and government agencies around the world use DISCO for ediscovery, case management, compliance, disputes, and investigations.
DISCO recently raised $100 million, for a total of $235 million in venture capital. The company’s valuation is $785 million -- a demonstration of investor confidence in legaltech as a category of enterprise cloud computing, and a validation that DISCO is disrupting the broader cloud computing industry. We are using our investment to enhance our cloud technology platform and AI-powered products and services, and to continue to expand our presence outside of North America.
Are you ready to revolutionize the practice of law? Join us!Perks of DISCO
- Open, inclusive, and fun environment
- Benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, as well as 401(k)
- Competitive salary plus stock options
- Flexible PTO
- Opportunity to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the legal industry
- Growth opportunities throughout the company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.