Director, Product Management - Enterprise at Blackbaud
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
We are currently hiring a director within product management. This position is part of a key product strategy and portfolio planning function at Blackbaud and focuses on providing oversight to our Enterprise market, Blackbaud’s largest and most complex prospects and customers. This role is accountable for setting the vision for how Blackbaud will continue to serve the Enterprise market, including current and future intents and investments. This director is accountable for managing all the strategic and operational efforts required to define and maintain a high-value, sustainable technology and solution strategy that serves organizations of scale, including but not limited to large nonprofits, higher education institutions, and healthcare organizations.
A key objective is amplifying Blackbaud’s core competencies, like CRM and digital engagement solutions, with a highly-connected partner strategy. This role is measured by successfully driving a portfolio strategy that supports Blackbaud’s multilevel renewal strategy for our Enterprise customers as well as ensuring a healthy solution portfolio for successful acquisition of new customers. This role is a people management role which will require product management experience and proven leadership and coaching skills. The director leads a team of product managers who are the owners for specific products and/or specific vertical cloud solutions and is accountable for product revenue models, leading cross-functional leadership teams, and managing all portfolio budgets and goals. As a primary objective, this role ensures that all users in the Enterprise market segment have a delightful customer experience as they increase the use of their existing Blackbaud solutions and/or deepen their use of other Blackbaud solutions. Taking care to ensure our customers can achieve success is the foundational goal of this team.
The position of director is a great opportunity for someone skilled in collaborating in a highly-matrixed environment to achieve results. Ideal candidates are individuals who can maintain a high degree of professionalism with proven success in execution to achieve desired results. This person must have a passion for leadership while also being able to build strategy and address tactical challenges.
- Manage a team of product managers on the Enterprise Portfolio team, with extreme focus being given to cultivating a diverse, high-performing team that attracts, develops, recognizes, and retains our best people
- Drive accountability for all aspects of the Enterprise portfolio (vertical cloud solutions and point solutions)
- Drive accountability for roadmap strategy and execution of key solutions in the Enterprise portfolio – chiefly Blackbaud CRM and Luminate Online/TeamRaiser – and any underpinning services and partner applications that allow for extensibility of our total enterprise solution
- Achieve product-specific revenue forecasts and customer retention targets, including managing risks and dependencies within the portfolio
- Direct the activities of a highly-matrixed team of cross-functional and cross-business unit stakeholders and leaders
- Leadership within Luminate Online Retention Initiative Steering Committee and related workstreams that drive the company to achieve its annual renewal rate targets
- Help determine best key metrics to track leading indicators of Luminate Online satisfaction and renewal rates (aka OKR, RDO-level goal)
- Partner with other portfolio teams and product managers to ensure continuity of long-range plans across the portfolio, giving the utmost care that we have unmatched solutions for the Enterprise market today and in the future (includes customer and P&L assessments, initial go-to-market migration strategies, and RDO planning)
- Support Enterprise market groups and key COEs as lead contact from product management in planning and executing the cross-functional activities necessary to successfully retain and acquire enterprise customers, such as long-term enterprise portfolio strategy alignment, product readiness, retention/migration offers, and channel enablement
- Lead regular presentations and reporting to provide visibility to key stakeholders and executive leadership on the status and success of all Enterprise portfolio strategies, objectives, milestones, and roadmaps
- BS or BA, or equivalent experience required
- 8+ years related industry/program management experience
- Leadership and people management experience
- Advanced industry/vertical knowledge
- Proven experience managing complex projects
- Proven experience dealing effectively with ambiguity and understanding multiple work streams and dependencies
- Ability to work across organizational structures including Product Management, Engineering, Finance/Accounting, Corporate IT, Sale, Marketing, and BUs
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tradeoffs and determine optimum solution that keeps the customer experience intact
- Ability to diffuse conflict, negotiate, and improve critical internal and external relationships
- Ability to create compelling presentations and business cases
- Ability to analyze data and provide decision making support around your findings
- Mastery-level oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to stay calm under pressure, respond to customer needs quickly and effectively
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced and customer-focused environment
- Prior sales experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, relational database applications, web-based presentation tools, and Salesforce.com preferred
- Proficient/expert in MS Office tools and have experience with Agile and Pragmatic Product Management best practices and processes
- Experience with tools such as AHA, JIRA and TFS are critical
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.