Insights, Technical Product Owner at Kazoo (Austin, TX)
Kazoo is an all-in-one Employee Experience platform that combines recognition, performance, and engagement in one powerful solution. By bringing together Real-time Recognition & Rewards, Continuous Performance Management, and Employee Engagement Surveys, Kazoo’s employee-first solution enables companies to build purpose-driven cultures while increasing productivity, retention, and revenue. With over 600 global customers, the Kazoo platform puts actionable analytics in the hands of business leaders, connecting them to what really matters.
Overview of role:
As a Technical Product Owner, you help to evolve our products and bring to market new features. This is a key role on the Product Team primarily responsible for guiding concepts through development to launch. This role works closely with a multi-disciplinary team that includes Product Management, Design, QA, Engineering and the ScrumMaster.
What awesome stuff you’ll do:
- Breakdown feature concepts into Epics and User Stories, while helping to prioritize and maintain the team backlog.
- Collaborate with scrum teams to ensure user stories are clear and resolve open issues/questions quickly and efficiently while acting as `voice of the customer’.
- Partner with engineering to ensure technical solutions satisfy business impact and delivery requirements.
- Own and participate in team Scrum ceremonies such as backlog grooming, stand-ups, and sprint planning in cooperation with the ScrumMaster.
- Partner with Product Managers to ensure prioritization supports product strategy, market needs, customer pain points, and overall company vision.
- Support beta tests and product launches.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in a similar product management/business analyst type role, or owning a complex technical project end-to-end
- Experience with Agile Scrum Methodology for software development.
- Ability to articulate and manage technical dependencies
- Ability to create user stories and do product acceptance testing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that enable you to simplify complex problems and interact with all levels of technical and non-technical peers.
- Self-motivated and results oriented individual able to work independently and also collaboratively with a team.
- Proactive and creative problem solver who can operate effectively even with some level of uncertainty.
- Flexibility in the day to day.
- Positive attitude, sense of humor and a growth mindset.
- Exposure to relational (PostgreSQL) and non-relational (MongoDB) databases.
- Experience creating SQL Queries to provide ad-hoc reports, analysis, and datasets based on business needs.
- Ability to discuss diverse technical topics such as logging, data architecture, security, authentication/authorization, and SSO
Bonus points for:
- Experience in the HR technology space
- Understanding of JIRA, Dev, QA, to UAT and Launch
- Domain knowledge within the analytics and data science space.
- Familiarity with modern version control systems (git or similar)
- Familiarity with Spark and SparkSQL
When you work at Kazoo, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible wfh policy; 11 paid holidays; 401k program; Stocked kitchen; Mac Laptop; Transportation/Parking Stipend; Generous Parental Leave; Fertility benefits; Breast milk delivery; EAP & more!
At Kazoo, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Kazoo commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Kazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.