Managing Director, Product Management at Vista Consulting Group
This role will work closely with CEOs to drive operational excellence in coordination with the company’s wider executive suitWe are searching for a Managing Director, Product Management to provide product management consulting for Vista’s portfolio of companies. As a leader of the Product Management practice, this role requires both business savvy and deep domain expertise. This leader will be responsible for helping CEOs and their leadership teams transform their organizations to support rapid growth.
The Managing Director will transform portfolio company product management through the implementation of scalable and repeatable processes that lay the foundation for executing Vista’s Best Practices. This leader will partner with senior executive teams to identify value creation opportunities, shape and align implementation, and support execution and long-term success.
This role will work closely with CEOs to drive operational excellence in coordination with the company’s wider executive suite. The ideal candidate will have prior experience leading a team of product management experts.
•Understand the business transformation opportunity and critical cross-functional connections at each portfolio company, working with Operating Principals, Value Creation team, and other functional practices to determine enhancements and changes needed to achieve company investment thesis
• Continue to evolve Vista’s best practices and strategies to include leading-edge, repeatable, and measurable processes where Vista can deliver material results in partnership with portfolio companies during transformation
• Develop and foster community and information sharing between key communities including facilitating sessions during annual Best Practice Sharing Summit events
• Create a culture of excellence, leading, coaching, developing, and managing a group of direct reports within VCG, who serve as domain experts in business operations
• 15+ years of experience with deep experience in software product management.
• Sophisticated communication skills, including strong presentation skills; an engaging speaker who can craft and present messages in a compelling, easy-to-understand manner
• Ability to engage with and influence executives both internally and externally across the
• C-suite; demonstrated strength at advocating and helping execute strategy
• An outstanding reputation as a client advisor and trusted counsel for leaders and executives
• Consistently operate with high integrity
• Ability to manage competing priorities and stakeholders to come to the best outcome
• Experience operating in both the tactical and strategic; able to set a long-term vision for success with portfolio company executives while ensuring pieces are in place to provide project leadership and support across the portfolio
• Proven team development and leadership skills, able to inspire others to action and bind people to the firm while delivering world-class results
• Willingness to travel (expected travel in this role is 50-75% of the time, steady state)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant discipline, MBA degree preferred
Compensation: The successful candidate will be offered a compensation package that will include a competitive base salary, bonus, participation in our long-term incentive plan, and excellent benefits.
Do you aim to be the best in your field? Do you enjoy partnering with talented executives and collaborating on challenging business opportunities? Are you energized by making good businesses great? Are you motivated by seeing others succeed? Join us – we are seeking a leader to drive growth at Vista companies via business process and operational excellence.
About Vista Consulting Group
Vista Consulting Group is the operating and consulting arm of Vista Equity Partners (www.vistaequitypartners.com), a private equity firm that specializes in acquiring software, data, and tech-enabled companies with over $50 billion in cumulative capital commitments.
The VCG team works in conjunction with the Vista investment professionals and key portfolio company employees to help current and newly-acquired businesses strengthen their operations through the implementation of standardized, repeatable and proven processes and methodologies. Explore our current (and past) companies here: https://www.vistaequitypartners.com/companies/
Why Vista Consulting Group?
The Vista family of companies represents, collectively, the fourth-largest software company in the world. We also have a relentless focus on talent – within Vista and across our companies – meaning you will work shoulder-to-shoulder with thoughtful, curious, and talented executives. In 2019, several of our CEOs were named among the top 50 SaaS CEOs: https://www.thesoftwarereport.com/the-top-50-saas-ceos-of-2019/
Your position within VCG would provide you with an opportunity to strengthen your existing skills, grow and widen your capabilities, and offer you an unparalleled opportunity for personal development and career growth. This position will serve as an executive leader at VCG helping shape our companies as well as the careers of talented software executives at VCG and beyond. We take a “build-your-own career” approach and actively support the long-term career ambitions of our top performers across the entire Vista family.
What’s different about Vista?
- Vista Equity Partners invests in the long-term, sustainable success of our portfolio companies, with the industry’s largest dedicated consulting arm (Vista Consulting Group). Today, we have a dedicated staff of over 150 employees, whose sole focus is driving success – helping leaders and teams within Vista businesses implement proven best practices, sharpen skills, broaden their networks, and continually advance their careers
- Vista Equity Partners is a certified Minority-Based Enterprise, and we actively invest in building high performing, diverse teams within Vista Consulting Group as well as within our portfolio companies
- Because Vista only invests in software, data, and tech-enabled companies, we are in a unique position to scale our best practices and tools across the portfolio, while also supporting talent growth across the Vista family ecosystem