Product Manager (Cybersecurity) at NSS Labs
NSS Labs, Inc. is recognized globally as the most trusted source for independent, fact-based cybersecurity guidance. Our mission is to advance transparency and accountability within the cybersecurity industry. We empower enterprises by providing them with timely, relevant information on which to base their decisions. Many of the world's largest and most demanding enterprises rely on trusted insights from NSS Labs. Our unmatched foundation in security testing, along with our extensive research and global threat discovery capabilities, provide the basis for NSS Labs’ Cloud Platform for Continuous Security Validation. This cloud platform measures the ongoing effectiveness of security controls and enables businesses to strengthen their cyber risk posture.
NSS Labs is seeking an expert, highly-productive Product Manager to join the core product management team based in Austin, TX or Maryland. The Product Manager will play a key role in driving the growth and market success of NSS labs with both inbound and outbound product management activities. These activities will include analyzing the security market to identify and research core security test categories. The PM will also be responsible for understanding the enterprise security market, analyzing competitive products, customer interactions, driving sales enablement, and help to execute GTM activities.
- Analyze and define new market opportunities for NSS labs group test initiatives.
- Develop test strategy for new and existing product test categories, and build consensus across engineering, testing, research and executive teams.
- Perform market research to understand the market dynamics, vendor perception, and vendor landscape.
- Establish and maintain competitive differentiation for the various NSS labs group test initiatives
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative market-based data and extrapolate relevant findings and observations. Deliver research reports and presentations based on the findings.
- Identify enterprise use case scenarios, buyer personas, and deployment scenarios for various security product categories.
- Work closely with the NSS labs testing business, the Enterprise Research Group, and the Office of the CTO to define test categories and methodologies.
- Work closely with the vendor relations and marketing teams on go to market and sales strategies.
- Work with marketing and test to drive group test initiatives and launches to create the enterprise pull to bring in vendors for group test initiatives. Assist with marketing collateral such as messaging documents and white papers.
- Ability to drive and assist with technical and sales webinars and presentations on-demand.
- Assist in the development of the strategy and execution of pricing and SKU’s for group tests and CAWS platform.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- 3-5 years’ experience in the cybersecurity industry with a relevant bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years of Product Management or relevant experience.
- 1-2 years of experience conducting and leading marketing research projects.
- Expert knowledge of enterprise class cybersecurity products and the markets in which they are used.
- Experience with setting product pricing, forecasting, and lifecycle management.
- The ability to learn and understand the more technical aspects of NSS Labs products and services portfolio.
- Domain expertise in networking (switching, IPv4/IPv6 routing), enterprise network security products (FW, NGFW, IPS, BDS, SWG) (or) endpoint security products (EPP, EDR, AEP/NGAV).
- Must be a self-starter, able to work autonomously and able to operate with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work in a high-energy cross-functional environment; a true team player with the highest level of integrity.
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Demonstrated strength in analytical thinking and strong writing skills with emphasis on technology.
- Eager to learn, adapt and perfect your work; you seek out help and put it to use.
- Requires some (but not extensive) traveling.
Located in Austin, Texas, NSS Labs offers its team members competitive compensation, medical and dental, and 401(k) benefits. If you feel you have the passion, dedication, and expertise that match our unique company, apply to join our team!
Please follow us on Twitter @workatnsslabs
At NSS Labs, we hire innovative and talented individuals with a passion for leading-edge technology. We have a culture of innovation, where quality, originality, and “thinking outside the box” are encouraged. Our leadership fosters professional growth and support, all within a fast-paced environment.
Third party resumes are not currently being accepted. NSSLabs, Inc. will not pay a fee for unsolicited resumes.