At Social Solutions, our Product Managers combine a passion for discovery efforts, a desire to constantly engage with clients, leadership skills to drive change for our clients, quantitative skills to measure impact, and presentation skills to evangelize their visions. We progress beyond a myopic focus on "what to do today" towards "what we need to build for tomorrow." The impact of our work empowers non-profit and public-sector organizations whose goals are to help those who need it most, and our products must live up to those lofty ideals every day.
The Data Product Manager will be responsible for developing our data strategy that delivers value to both our clients and stakeholders within Social Solutions. From our clients' perspective: we want to provide meaningful data insights that help community organizations deliver services to those in need. We want to keep participants who are receiving services actively engaged in their journeys ahead with their case managers, and we want our client organizations to provide the best care possible backed by impactful data. The funders who empower these community organizations to succeed will be able to see the impact of their investments at an aggregate level, measuring the population-level impact these organizations make in their communities. This Product Manager will be leading this movement alongside a talented team of developers, designers, and data scientists who are ready to join forces and drive lasting change in communities across the world.
What You'll Do
- Create and evangelize a vision that delivers valuable, usable, and actionable data insights to our clients within our software platform
- Deliver a roadmap that focuses on how we help our clients integrate data into their day-to-day activities. Moving beyond basic reporting and dashboard needs, how can our clients leverage data to better serve the individuals they help?
- Lead a talented, driven, collaborative product team towards delivering your roadmap. Incorporate team feedback while you aim to deliver the best capabilities for our clients
- Lead Discovery efforts directly with current and prospective clients, gathering feedback and insights that help drive your vision and roadmap
- Identify external data sources that Social Solutions can leverage to build more meaningful insights for our clients
- Measure and present the impact of your team's work directly to the leadership team at Social Solutions, quantifying the value of your progress
- Be a thought leader around data and analytics not only internally for your fellow team members, but to our clients leveraging your outputs
- 5+ years of experience in software product management within an Agile environment preferred
- Experience using data to inform design and product decisions
- Experience creating products that integrate data into decision making, including data visualization outputs within a product
- Experience working with a Data Science or Analytics teams; you will work closely with these team members to develop meaningful insights that ultimately are built into our platform
- Demonstrated ability to learn multiple functional areas of business – engineering, design, finance, sales, and/or marketing
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative
- Enjoy adapting to feedback from both users and internal stakeholders, building stronger product capabilities as a result
- Strong leadership skills as you are the captain of your product team. Make sure everyone is driving towards the product goals together and is bought-in to your product vision
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
Why We're Awesome
Recently named one of Built In Austin's Best Places to Work for in Austin. At Social Solutions, we're mission focused and results oriented! We're a diverse team of innovators, creatives, and digital architects that come together to help organizations transform lives. Our clients affect countless lives every day. That's why we go above and beyond to provide tools to get the job done. We help non-profits get to the heart of their data so they can maximize their efforts to be more impactful. In essence, we help those that are changing the world.
What You'll Get
- Amazing coworkers
- Flexible PTO
- 100% employer paid benefits for employees
- 8 hours per quarter of paid volunteer time
- Company sponsored events and happy hours
- Career advancement opportunities and more!
To ensure candidate and employee health, Social Solutions is conducting the interview process remotely via Zoom for the foreseeable future. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
In order fulfill Social Solutions' mission to "help people transform lives," we seek to build teams that leverage diverse perspectives to create an innovative and welcoming environment.
To that end, we make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Social Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.