Product Manager II at Social Solutions
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:22 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, November 9, 2021
At Social Solutions, our Product Managers combine a passion for discovery efforts, a desire to constantly engage with clients, leadership skills to drive change for our clients, quantitative skills to measure impact, and presentation skills to evangelize their visions. We progress beyond a myopic focus on "what to do today" towards "what we need to build for tomorrow." The impact of our work empowers non-profit and public-sector organizations whose goals are to help those who need it most, and our products must live up to those lofty ideals every day.
This Product Manager role will be responsible for developing ground-level capabilities in our Social Good Platform on which the organizations build their service delivery models. Our community-based organization clients must be able to quickly and effectively construct the best version of our platform that fits their organization's needs, which includes integrating into internal and external systems to connect their impact data and extend critical features to ensure their team is setup to succeed. Understanding our CBO clients' delivery models, tools, and processes in order to determine how our software can empower those processes will be critical to our success, and you will be leading the charge.
What You'll Do
- Create and evangelize a vision that delivers valuable and usable capabilities to our clients within our software platform
- Deliver a roadmap that focuses on how we help our clients effectively run their service delivery programs
- Lead a talented, driven, collaborative scrum team towards delivering your roadmap, incorporating team feedback while you aim to deliver the best capabilities for our clients
- Collaboratively design and build scalable technical solutions that seamlessly and securely connect client impact data and create remarkable user experiences for our clients.
- Work hand-in-hand with your Product Manager teammates to ensure we are delivering a cohesive and consistent platform strategy together; don't work in a silo
- Lead Discovery efforts directly with current and prospective clients, gathering feedback and insights that help drive your vision and roadmap. These include win-loss calls, user groups, customer advisory board calls, and direct client interviews
- Incorporate feedback from other departments in Social Solutions, ensuring you understand the impact of our decisions on the company as a whole
- Develop cross-functional teams that help deliver and prove the value we create for our clients
- Measure and present the impact of your team's work directly to the leadership team at Social Solutions, quantifying the value of your progress
Responsibilities & Requirements
- 4+ years of experience in software product management or development within an Agile environment
- Experience using data to inform design and product decisions
- Strong presentation skills used for presenting internally to leadership team members as well as running client discovery sessions such as user groups and product demos
- Excellent time management skills and able to manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoy adapting to feedback from both users and internal stakeholders, building stronger products as a result
- Strong leadership skills that ensure everyone is driving towards the product goals together and is bought-in to your vision
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with multiple functional areas of business - engineering, design, finance, sales, and marketing
- Demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgement to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative
- Proven experience building APIs to integrate systems preferred
About Social Solutions Global
Why We're Awesome
Recently named one of Built In Austin 's Best Places to Work for in Austin. At Social Solutions, we're mission focused and results oriented! We're a diverse team of innovators, creatives, and digital architects that come together to help organizations transform lives. Our clients affect countless lives every day. That's why we go above and beyond to provide tools to get the job done. We help non-profits get to the heart of their data so they can maximize their efforts to be more impactful. In essence, we help those that are changing the world.
What You'll Get
- Amazing coworkers
- Flexible PTO
- 100% employer paid benefits for employees
- 8 hours per quarter of paid volunteer time
- Company sponsored events and happy hours
- Career advancement opportunities and more!
To ensure candidate and employee health, Social Solutions is conducting the interview process remotely via Zoom for the foreseeable future. Thank you in advance for your cooperation!
In order fulfill Social Solutions' mission to "help people transform lives," we seek to build teams that leverage diverse perspectives to create an innovative and welcoming environment.
To that end, we make employment decisions based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Social Solutions does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.