Product Manager - Technical at Whole Foods Market (Austin, TX)
You have a solid understanding of the design approaches, technical and data foundations utilized in your program area. You partner with internal (DATA and other Tech) development teams to deliver difficult, cross-functional projects or you may work with more teams if product delivery goals require it. You make connections (to people and/or technologies) and make sure the right people are part of the conversation while driving efficient use of everyone’s time. You prevent or mitigate the consequences of poor technology decisions. You recognize when a proposed design is too complex or risky and to mitigate you arrange additional reviews by senior team members and escalate appropriately. You help teams determine where to iterate to make improvements.
You own product development communications and may serve as the first point of contact for team projects. You accelerate progress by driving crisp and timely decisions, closing the loop on open items or risks, clearing blockers, escalating appropriately. You plan for the unexpected, making sure that systems (upstream and downstream) are not broken by changes related to the efforts you manage. You are a simplifier. You judiciously add, refine, and remove procedures. By applying project management best practices, you increase the productivity and effectiveness of the teams you work with.
- Own medium to large analytics product(s) across one or multiple functional domains. Manage difficult and/or cross-functional technology efforts supporting assigned product(s)
- Define high level product requirements and help development teams meet goals
- Advise business stakeholders and lead discussions across the team to define and maintain the integrity of strategy and priorities. Be trusted to present decisions to leaders up to 3 tiers above level
- Accelerate progress by driving timely decisions. Clear blockers and escalates appropriately. Make trade-offs: time vs. scope vs. cost. Impact multiple team goals and program-related metrics. Understand design approaches (within functional domain)
- Plan and support necessary steps to onboard new BI platform (Everclear)
- Drive detailed business and technical discussions/alignment
- Deliver independently but will seek direction when needed
- Have clear and concise verbal and written communication. Accountable for development and delivery of key documents, including Narratives and OP business cases
- Optimize cross-team processes to improve efficiency and delivery
- Be a leader and mentor to junior team members
- Bachelor’s degree with 7+years relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong business (or retail) background possibly including finance, operations, merchandising, purchasing or marketing
- Expert understanding of technical concepts, including data management and analytics development
- Entrepreneurial spirit yet highly collaborative
- Able to lead without direct authority
- Solution oriented
- Effective organizer of tasks with a self-starter mindset, assertiveness, accountability, helpfulness, and a high level of positive energy and drive
- Able to synthesize multiple data points to develop viable solutions with little to no explicit direction
- Able to navigate and create clarity amidst ambiguity
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and business needs.