Product Manager at Lightspeed Systems
Do you want to work hard alongside smart and talented product managers, engineers, and designers every day? Do you excel when you are smack in the middle of a challenging project, thrive when things get complex, and yawn when everything is going according to plan?
If yes, then join our Product organization and help us build technical solutions to School’s device content challenges.
At Lightspeed Systems we are on a mission to create a safe digital space for students to learn and thrive in. We do this by giving IT teams and educators the tools to ensure that devices are used for their intended purpose, to educate.
The Product Manager is responsible for driving product initiatives from inception through execution. You will use your deep product experience to work with stakeholders to define product strategy, manage the collection and documentation of requirements, monitor product development, oversee customer hand-off and acceptance testing, and support post launch monitoring.
You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time understanding the industry to empathize with the customers and their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
ABOUT YOU – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Has a growth mindset and knows what a growth mindset is.
- Be flexible and adaptable at all times as you go in and out of full autonomy and then into deep collaboration.
- Relish the opportunity to be an integral part of a team, but also like to roll your sleeves up and do the daily work of building something great.
- Enjoy an agile workflow that helps balance long-term vison with immediate goals.
- Ability to think holistically, in a design thinking fashion, with a sharp eye for detail and consistency.
- Thoroughly believes that the devil is in the details and is confident they can get those details right.
- Is technologically savvy and can understand sophisticated concepts with ease.
- Is obsessed with empathizing with and understanding the customer.
- Can manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously, from concepts to deliverables.
- Comfortable with feedback and adapts quickly to changing information.
- Experience working in a deadline-driven atmosphere.
- Is able to and has a proven track record of delivering quality products and features under all circumstances, whether you have 5 months, or 5 days to accomplish the goal.
- A compelling and unique point of view.
ABOUT THE ROLE
- Deeply understand the customer
- Be an evangelist for your product
- Leverage your entrepreneurial personality and be ready to experiment and learn
- Work with all internal stakeholders (marketing, sales, support, leadership, development) to ensure clear alignment and buy-in
- Maintain a relevant and well prioritized backlog, supported by user storyboards, acceptance criteria and other artifacts needed by development teams.
- Experience with User Story Mapping and Design Thinking
- Document baselines and monitor KPIs to determine success of product against stated goals.
- Articulate communicator both verbally and in writing.
- Outstanding organizational and analytical skills.
- Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Driving a solution set across engineering teams via Product Owner role within Agile Scrum framework.
- Be a subject matter expert in web filtering
Need to have
- 5+ years experience in one of the following: Product Management, Education Industry Sales Engineering, Development
Nice to have
- Computer Networking background
- Education Industry background
- B2B Product experience
- Technical product experience
We require all qualified applicants, as part of the application process, to complete a set of assessments. We invite you to jump start your application for this role by completing a brief assessment (it will only take 7-10 minutes): https://bit.ly/3690mfq
Education is undergoing a technology revolution with new devices and tools being added to the classroom every day and IT departments are responsible for keeping all this technology managed, safe and working. That is where we come in! Lightspeed Systems, ed-tech provider and leader in K-12 device filtering for 20 years, partners with schools to make learning safe, managed and mobile. Learn more at www.lightspeedsystems.com.
We love our employees, and we show it. A sneak peek into our BENEFITS & PERKS include:
- Health -- Medical, dental and vision insurance with healthy company contribution toward premiums.
- Wellness -- Lightspeed kicks cash into your HSA if you participate our HDHP. Employees are provided an adjustable desk and onsite gyms at some offices. Healthy Holiday and PTO policy.
- Retirement -- 401(k) matching up to 6%
- Perks -- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages. Some lunches provided as well! Some offices pet friendly.