Product Manager at Sysco LABS
Sysco LABS is a technology-focused division within Sysco, dedicated to reimagining foodservice through innovation. An extension of Sysco’s commitment to deliver exceptional products and services to the foodservice industry, Sysco LABS uses customer and market intelligence, data-driven insights and agile technology development to rethink the entire foodservice ecosystem.
Our innovation will improve all parts of the e-commerce experience for our customers, including the ordering process, inventory, pricing and automation. Operating with the mindset of a startup and backed by the authoritative expertise of an industry leader, Sysco LABS’ mission is to improve the Sysco customer experience and consistently deliver cost savings and new innovations through technology.
About the Role
As Product Manager, you will own prioritization and execution of a product roadmap for a defined scope of functionality for Sysco Shop, our e-commerce platform for restaurants and other food service providers that drives billions of dollars of revenue annually. This is a cross-functional role that requires close collaboration with stakeholders across the business.
As a member of the Sysco LABS product team, you will work closely with the Product, Engineering, UX Research, Design and Data Analytics teams to uncover and validate opportunities, deliver compelling solutions and iterate to improve based on customer feedback and product metrics. You will display an extraordinary attention to detail, the ability to respond quickly to changing business needs, priorities, and timelines, and have a proven track record of delivering quality products on time. Past experiences working in both B2B and B2C environments is a plus. As part of a small team, you’ll need to wear many hats, so flexibility and a can-do attitude are critical. You should be a creative thinker who can combine imagination and past experience to support your ideas and vision.
- Own a product roadmap, with clear success metrics and KPIs
- Work within an Agile software development process to execute against a planned product roadmap, driving outcomes with a measurable level of impact
- Collaborate with other product managers in the execution of strategic direction
- Contribute to, and occasionally lead, alignment efforts across the organization and with stakeholders to create a fit with strategic vision and coordinate through execution
- Create materials that help ensure alignment and awareness of product development efforts within core internal groups
- Understand the restaurant technology market and e-commerce best practices
- 3+ years of experience in product management, business consulting or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration, information systems or related, or equivalent work experience
- You are motivated by and committed to continuous learning, growth and innovation
- You measure the success of product challenges with usage and engagement metrics and respond to all that the data reveals
- You are a self-starter, who can execute in ambiguous/unstructured environment
- You are customer focused in your approach and seek out, understand and respond to the needs of customers
- You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and can work effectively in both startup and large company environments
- You have a passion for taking a traditionally slow-moving industry and disrupting it with technology
- Competitive base & bonus packages
- Fun, casual, fast-paced work environment filled with talented colleagues
- Brand-new high-tech office space located in the heart of East 6th St, (walking distance to the MetroRail)
- Generous PTO policy
- Flexible work environment that encourages work/life balance
- Excellent medical, dental and vision benefits and company 401(k) program
We embrace diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.