Product Owner at NSS Labs
NSS Labs, Inc. is recognized globally as the most trusted source for independent, fact-based cybersecurity guidance. Our mission is to advance transparency and accountability within the cybersecurity industry. We empower enterprises by providing them with timely, relevant information on which to base their decisions. Our unmatched foundation in security testing, along with our extensive research and global threat discovery capabilities, provide the basis for NSS Labs’ Cloud Platform for Continuous Security Validation. This cloud platform measures the ongoing effectiveness of security controls, providing real-time insight to help business leaders substantiate their security investments. Businesses can also leverage this cloud platform to strengthen their cyber risk posture and improve their ability to identify and respond when it matters. Many of the world's largest and most demanding enterprises rely on trusted insights from NSS Labs.
NSS Labs is seeking a creative and motivated Product Owner with excellent problem solving and communication skills. You’ll be working with a smart and diverse team of problem solvers who exhibit high energy, deep technical skills and a drive to get things done.
- Work with multiple scrum teams as a Product Owner, implementing the NSS strategy for the Continuous Security Validation Platform.
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile scrums teams and stakeholders throughout the project.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Manage the product lifecycle from requirements to prioritization to product release.
- Provide clear documentation of progress and deliverables.
- Build consensus and enthusiasm among stakeholders at all levels.
- Be committed to the project, vision, team and the business.
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI.
Manage the Process
- Lead the planning product release plans and set expectation for delivery of new functionalities.
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories.
- Highlight product features in a manner clearly understandable to the development team.
- Manage change requests and engage in cross-team collaboration to prioritize and evangelize requests.
Be a Product Expert
- Constantly learning the ins and outs of the product.
- Have an eye for product design with an ability to realize a vision.
- Collaborate with product, sales and support teams to understand how users use our product.
- Keep development focused on business value and alignment with the product vision.
- Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product.
Be a Leader
- Accountability leader and mentor the scrum teams.
- Keep development motivated and focused on business value and alignment with the product vision.
Required Skills and Experiences:
- 5+ years of experience as a Product Manager/Product Owner/Product Analyst for a security or networking product.
- Experience in development of cloud SAAS and/or security products and service.
- Minimum of a BS in Computer Science or Engineering field or equivalent experience.
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies, technical understanding of products, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices.
- Solid understanding of the product lifecycle.
- Ability to be creative, strategic, analytical, and think outside the box to solve problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to build strong interpersonal relationships with product, development teams, leadership, senior management, and internal and external stakeholders.
At NSS Labs, we hire innovative and talented individuals with a passion for leading-edge technology. We have a culture of innovation, where quality, originality, and “thinking outside the box” are encouraged. Our leadership fosters professional growth and support, all within a fast-paced environment.
Located in Austin, Texas, NSS Labs offers its team members competitive compensation, medical and dental, and 401(k) benefits. If you feel you have the passion, dedication, and expertise that match our unique company, apply to join our team!
Third party resumes are not currently being accepted. NSS Labs, Inc. will not pay a fee for unsolicited resumes.